You are here
Grants and Awards Forecast
Grants and Awards Forecast (PDF) - updated June 10, 2022
The Competitive Grants and Awards Forecast is updated regularly to reflect current and upcoming funding and award opportunities available through various offices across the Colorado Department of Education. Current opportunities, links to specific program information, Requests for Applications, and recorded webinars are available. The forecast also highlights due dates, available funding, and eligibility criteria, as well as contact information for each program.
Federal COVID-19 Education Funding
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress has passed two significant stimulus bills that include funding for education. In March 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was enacted, and in December 2020, the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act provided an additional $900 billion in funding for education.
Information on the education funding streams from these stimulus bills is provided on CDE's Federal COVID-19 Education Funding page: the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF), the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund, ESSER II Fund, Governor's Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund and school nutrition.
CDE Funding Opportunities
The availability of funding for the following programs is based on state and federal appropriations. Programs may not run in every fiscal year or may be discontinued at any time. Please contact program staff directly for more information on these opportunities.
- Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) - Federal Funding
- Adult Education and Literacy - State Funding
- Accountability Pathways and Implementation
- AEC's and Online Schools Review
- Connect for Success
- Diagnostic Review and Improvement Planning
- Facilitated Board Training for School Improvement
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Turnaround Leadership Development Program
- Turnaround Network
- Comprehensive Health Education
- School Health Professional
- Student Wellness
- Title V Sexual Risk Avoidance Education
- Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation
- High School Innovative Learning Opportunities
- School Counselor Corps
- Comprehensive Early Literacy
- Early Literacy Assessment Tool (ELAT) Project
- Early Literacy Professional Development
- Computer Science Education
- TIGER Music Grant (Technology, Instruments, Guest, Experiences, and Resources)