You are here
Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP)
The Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP) provides a grant and technical assistance for up to 4-years to new and expanding charter schools. The Colorado Department of Education was awarded $55 million to administer annual sub-grant competitions from 2018 through 2023.
Colorado Charter Schools Program Details:
*Now available all 2021-2022 CCSP Grant documents have been uploaded!
Grant Application & Renewal Processes
Final Grant Report Template (For Implementation Year 2 Schools in 2020-2021)
Progress Report Template (For Implementation Year 1 Schools in 2020-2021)
- CCSP Annual Financial Report (AFR) for Grantees Awarded in FY2021
2020-2023 CCSP Guidebook - Coming soon!
2015-2018 CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
An existing or prospective charter school may be eligible if they demonstrate they
1) Meet the federal definitions of a "charter school" and "developer"
2) Have been approved by a charter school authorizer (LEA), qualifying as one of the following:
a. New Charter School
b. Replication of a High Quality Charter School
c. Expansion of a High Quality Charter School
CCSP grants may be awarded for reasonable, one-off expenses associated with planning, design, and implementation of a new school or significant expansion project in the form of a 3-year grant for charter schools applying in the year before the launch of a new school or significant-expansion project, or in the form of a 2-year grant for those applying the year of a project launch. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Planning period hiring and compensation
- Supplies, training, equipment (including technology) and educational materials
- Researched based professional development costs
- One time start up costs associated with providing transportation to students to and from school
- Necessary minor facilities repair (not including construction)
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice office administers the Colorado Charter Schools Program through a federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE awarded CDE this grant in 2018.
CDE provides services for grant trainings and grant documents to those in need of translation/interpretation in Spanish. To request translation services, please reach out to the School of Choice office via email at SOC@cde.state.co.us. Para solicitar servicios de traducción en español de los documentos en esta página, comuníquese con la oficina de School of Choice por correo electrónico a SOC@cde.state.co.us.