You are here
Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP)
The Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP) provides a grant and technical assistance for up to 4-years to new and expanding charter schools. The Colorado Department of Education was awarded $55 million to administer annual sub-grant competitions from 2018 through 2023.
Colorado Charter Schools Program Details:
*Fiscal Year 2022-2023 CCSP Grant Competition will be available soon! Please check back in August of 2022 for information and documents.
Please complete this Application Interest Form to be added to our distribution list and inform Schools of Choice of your interest in applying.
Grant Application & Renewal Processes
Final Grant Report Template (For Implementation Year 2 Schools in 2021-2022 not eligible for Performance Incentive Year)
Progress Report Template (For Implementation Year 1 Schools in 2021-2022)
- CCSP Grants Fiscal Interim/Annual Financial Report Submission Form
An existing or prospective charter school may be eligible if they demonstrate they
1) Meet the federal definitions of a "charter school" and "developer"
2) Have been approved by a charter school authorizer (LEA), qualifying as one of the following:
a. New Charter School
b. Replication of a High Quality Charter School
c. Expansion of a High Quality Charter School
CCSP grants may be awarded for reasonable, one-off expenses associated with planning, design, and implementation of a new school or significant expansion project in the form of a 3-year grant for charter schools applying in the year before the launch of a new school or significant-expansion project, or in the form of a 2-year grant for those applying the year of a project launch. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Planning period hiring and compensation
- Supplies, training, equipment (including technology) and educational materials
- Researched based professional development costs
- One time start up costs associated with providing transportation to students to and from school
- Necessary minor facilities repair (not including construction)
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice office administers the Colorado Charter Schools Program through a federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE awarded CDE this grant in 2018.
CDE provides services for grant trainings and grant documents to those in need of translation/interpretation in Spanish. To request translation services, please reach out to the School of Choice office via email at SOC@cde.state.co.us. Para solicitar servicios de traducción en español de los documentos en esta página, comuníquese con la oficina de School of Choice por correo electrónico a SOC@cde.state.co.us.