CDE will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) and ESSER II Out-of-School Time (E2 OST) Programs
New 21st CCLC Cohort IX and ESSER II OST Cohorts Subgrantees Awarded!
The new Cohorts of 21st CCLC and ESSER II OST (E2 OST) began on July 1, 2021. Cohort IX and E2 OST represent 37 organizations (school districts, community base organizations, and institutions of higher education), serving 78 centers/schools. They represent a broad spectrum of various organizations, regions of Colorado, student populations, and urban/suburban/rural areas. CDE awarded approximately $10.5 million with 21st CCLC funds and ESSER II funds to these centers across the state.
Program Overview - 21st CCLC Fact Sheet 2021 (PDF)
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant program is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015. The purpose of this important program is to to establish or expand community learning centers that:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students (particularly students in high-poverty areas and those who attend low-performing schools) meet state and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics;
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
21st CCLC Funded Subgrantees
- 21st CCLC Cohort VIII with Program Contact Information (Excel)
- 21st CCLC Cohort IX with Program Contact Information (Excel)
- 21st CCLC Cohort E2 OST with Program Contact Information (Excel)
- E2 OST Program Summaries (PDF)
Anna Young - 21st CCLC State Coordinator
Young_A@cde.state.co.us | (720) 614-8666
Cody Buchanan - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Buchanan_C@cde.state.co.us | (720) 614-8665
Jacqueline Chavez - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Chavez_J@cde.state.co.us | (720) 557-4655
Shannon Allen - E2 OST Lead Consultant
Allen_S@cde.state.co.us | (720) 498-4675
Susanna Spear - 21st CCLC Program Assistant
Spear_S@cde.state.co.us | (720) 305-7536