You are here
21st Century Community Learning Centers
CDE Temporarily Pausing Competitive Grant Applications
In order to support districts' focus on the current health situation, CDE is pausing all competitive grant program applications and review processes for the time being. Applications for competitive grant programs will be temporarily suspended until further notice. Applications submitted for competitive grant programs that have been submitted will be retained for future consideration. The department will reassess the timing for competitive grant program applications and review in the coming weeks to determine the best way forward. For questions, please contact Kim Burnham.
Temporarily Paused: NEW 21st CCLC Request for Applications (RFA) for Cohort IX
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) three-year grant allows eligible applicants to establish or expand community learning centers that provide students with academic enrichment opportunities, along with activities designed to complement the students' regular academic program. CDE will award approximately $4.5 million to centers across the state.
The term "community learning center" refers to an entity that:
- Assists students to meet the challenging State academic standards by providing the students with academic enrichment activities and a broad array of other activities during non-school hours or periods when school is not in session (before, after school, and or during summer recess) that:
- reinforce and complement the regular academic programs of the schools attended by the students served; and
- are targeted schools the students' academic needs and aligned with the instruction students receive during the school day; and
- Offers families of students served by such centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children's education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
Priority will be given to those programs serving students that attend high-poverty, low-performing schools.
Technical Assistance Webinar
There will be an hour-long technical assistance webinar for interested applicants Friday, March 6, 2020 from 10:00am - 11:00am. The webinar and slides associated with the live webinar are posted below.
RFA Office Hours are currently postponed and will be rescheduled
In an effort to ensure that all potential applicants have the same information and are provided consistent responses, one hour webinar "office hours" will be available starting March 6th to answer questions from applicants. Dates and times will be communicated on the 21st CCLC Office Hours webpage. "Office hour" discussions will be recorded and posted on the website. The 21st CCLC FAQs for the 2020 RFA are now posted. If you have RFA related questions, please contact Anna Young.
Application Writing Training
A virtual application training will be held prior to the due date for application submissions. The date and time of the virtual training will be posted here once details are finalized.
Primary Application Materials
- 21st CCLC 2020 RFA (Word)
- 21st CCLC 2020 RFA (PDF)
- 21st CCLC 2020 Budget Template (Excel)
- 21st CCLC ESEA General Assurances Form (Word)
Supplemental Application Materials
Templates and Forms
- 21st CCLC Teacher Survey (Word)
- 21st CCLC End of Year Report - Cohort IX (Word)
- 21st CCLC Monitoring and Compliance Template (Word)
- 21st CCLC Quality Improvement Rubric (Word)
- 21st CCLC Out-of-School Time Observational Tool (Word)
- 21st CCLC Sustainability Plan Template - Cohort IX (Word)
- 21st CCLC Nonpublic School Consultation Form (Word)
Program Overview - 21st CCLC Fact Sheet (PDF)
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant program is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015. The purpose of this important program is to to establish or expand community learning centers that:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students (particularly students in high-poverty areas and those who attend low-performing schools) meet state and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics;
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
21st CCLC Cohort VIII Subgrantees Awarded July 1, 2018!
The new Cohort of 21st CCLC Subgrantees began on July 1, 2018. Cohort VIII represents 40 organizations (school districts, community based organizations, and institutions of higher education), serving 68 centers/schools. They represent a broad spectrum of various organizations, regions of Colorado, student populations, and urban/suburban/rural areas.
21st CCLC Funded Subgrantees
- 21st CCLC Cohort VII with Program Contact Information (PDF)
- 21st CCLC Cohort VIII with Program Contact Information (PDF)
Previously Funded - 21st CCLC Cohorts I - VI (Sortable Excel)
Dana Scott - 21st CCLC State Coordinator
Scott_D@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6791
Cody Buchanan - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Buchanan_C@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6861
Anna Young - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Young_A@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6488
Delaney McGinn - 21st CCLC Program Assistant
McGinn_D@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6679