You are here
Early Literacy Assessment Tool Project
Early Literacy Assessment Tool
The 2012 School Finance Act required the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) to select a contractor to supply an early literacy assessment tool that teachers may use to obtain real-time assessments of the reading skill levels of students in kindergarten through third grade. The intent of the program was to support state purchase of software that would provide individualized assessments with immediate results, store and analyze those results, and recommend activities based on those results.
In the spring of 2018, through a new competitive process, the award was made to both Amplify and Istation for the approved interim assessments on both platforms. The contract duration is for five years, through June 2023. This is a non-competitive project.
By participating in the Early Literacy Assessment Tool Project, applicants first select one of the two vendors and then are supplied with the online tools to support the assessment. Participants will select:
- Amplify for Acadience Reading (formerly named DIBELS Next) and IDEL, approved interim assessments for the READ Act, and DIBELS Deep PA/WRD diagnostic reading assessment, an approved diagnostic measure.
- Istation for ISIP Early Reading and ISIP Lectura Temprana, approved interim assessments for the READ Act.
All approved applicants will receive software licenses to use the assessment that they select. The tool will store and analyze the results and recommend school and home activities based on those results. Hardware is not included. Applicants will be responsible for providing their own hardware.
A list of hardware devices that support the software is available for each vendor:
The 2021-2022 ELAT application submission process is now closed. Pending legislative approval, CDE will offer the ELAT Project for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a non-competitive project. The ELAT Project will include an online application for participation in the 2021-2022 school year. The application process opened January 4, 2021 and closed January 29, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Please email Laura Stelling if you were unable to apply during this window.
- Request for Applications (including link to application)
- Amplify Assurances and Release of Information (PDF)
- Amplify Assurances and Release of Information (Word)
- Istation Assurances and Release of Information (PDF)
- Istation Assurances and Release of Information (Word)
- School Information Template (for multi-school applicants)
Vendor Resources and Information:
COVID-19 Vendor Resources
Colorado Department of Education Project Manager
CDE READ Act Grants Project Manager
Amplify Support Staff
Associate Director, Educational Partnerships
Director, Educational Partnership Management
Senior Professional Development Partnership Manager
Associate Educational Partnership Manager
Istation Support Staff
Vice President of Instruction and Product Knowledge
Regional Account Executive
Sam J. Rangel
Inside Account Executive Team Lead
866-883-7323 ext. 4929
ELAT Email List
If you would like to be added to the email list for ELAT updates, please email Laura Stelling.