You are here
Colorado Healthy Schools Program
Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Colorado Healthy Schools program works to prevent chronic disease and improve the health and well-being of children and adolescents through the provision of technical assistance and professional development to districts and schools across the state, especially those in disproportionately impacted communities and those that are historically under-resourced.
Fact Sheet: CDC 1801 Healthy Schools Program (PDF)
Colorado Healthy Schools Collaborative Meetings
Meetings for 2023-24:
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:00-11:30 am
- Meeting materials will be posted here.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:00 - 11:30 am Use this link to register
Wellness Coordinator Office Hours
Office hours are a great way for Wellness Coordinators to stay updated on upcoming professional development and funding opportunities, as well as ask questions of the team and share feedback and ideas.
December 2023: Office Hours cancelled for this month. Watch this page for future opportunities!
COMTSS Online Academy and Trainings
The COMTSS Online Academy provides participants with on-demand training across multiple topics related to COMTSS in Colorado including social-emotional learning.
Colorado Department of Education Professional Development Page
Comprehensive search tool for Colorado Department of Education-hosted professional development opportunities.
Wellness Coordinator Resources
- Colorado Healthy Schools Collaborative (CHSC) - The Hub (exiting CDE)
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model
- CDC Virtual Healthy School (exiting CDE)
- Sample Resources developed by our previously funded districts:
- Staff Wellness BINGO - provided by Platte Valley RE-7
For Grant Program Questions:
CDC Healthy Schools Program Manager
Thompson_j@cde.state.co.us | P 720-557-4220
For Budget/ Fiscal Questions:
Grants Fiscal Analyst