- 2018-2019 Grants and Awards Forecast (PDF) - August 24, 2018
- Colorado's Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) plan approved
- Read more about ESSA in Colorado
- Empowering Action for School Improvement (EASI)
- 2018-19 Consolidated Application Information
Updated news and resources
- ESEA Technical Assistance Request
- ESEA Regional Networking Meetings
- ESEA Virtual Network Meeting
- A series of webinars for a variety of interests and needs.
- Colorado's State Educator Equity Plan
Colorado's plan for ensuring equity in education for poor and minority children.
The Federal Programs Unit administers funds under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as well as a variety of other federal and state competitive grants and awards.
ESEA is the primary federal law affecting K-12 education. The main goal of ESEA is to help all students in the state to reach proficiency in English language arts/reading and mathematics and is built on four pillars:
- Expanded local control and flexibility
- Doing what works based on scientific research
- Accountability for results
- More options for parents
There are three offices within the Federal Programs Unit
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Programs
- Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Office of Migrant Education