You are here
Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation Grant Program
NOW OPEN: 2023-24 Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation (CEEI) Grant
The purpose of the Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation (CEEI) Grant Program is to provide grants to partnering local education providers and institutions of higher education to expand and innovate concurrent enrollment opportunities to qualified students.
The 2023-24 CEEI Grant awards up to $50,000 per approved applicant for allowable expenses to be used from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
Concurrent Enrollment Expansion & Innovation (CEEI) Grant Program
Request for Application
2023-24 CEEI Grant Key Dates
- March 15, 2023: Application webinar (pre-recorded - please watch before attending Q&A webinar)
- March 22, 2023 @ 10:00am: Application Q&A webinar (register online)
- April 17, 2023: Applications due
- Week of May 15, 2023: Initial notifications go out
2023-24 CEEI Grant Application Process
- RFA Webinar: A pre-recorded application webinar will be posted above on Wednesday, March 15, 2023. A live application Q&A webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 10:00am - register online. If you have questions regarding the application, please email CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us.
Completed applications must be submitted online via smartsheet by Monday, April 17, 2023, by 11:59 pm. Within the online application, applicants will complete a section with their applicant information (Parts IA-IC) and then upload their narrative (in PDF) and Excel Budget Workbook (in the CDE Excel template) and Program Assurances Form. Faxes will not be accepted. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. If you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application within 24 hours of the deadline, please email CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us.
- Applications will be reviewed by CDE staff and peer reviewers to ensure they contain all required components. Initial notifications will go out the week of May 15, 2023.
2023-24 CEEI Grant Application Materials
In May 2019, the Colorado State Legislature passed Senate Bill 19-176, the Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation Grant Program Act. The act clarifies the differences between concurrent enrollment, dual enrollment, and other programs that enable a student to earn postsecondary credits while the student is enrolled in high school. Beginning in the 2020-21 school year, each school district, charter school, and public school operated by a board of cooperative services (local education provider) that enrolls students in grades 9 through 12 is required to provide the opportunity for concurrent enrollment. Additionally, the act creates the concurrent enrollment expansion and innovation grant program, a grant program, to provide grants to local education providers to use in starting to offer concurrent enrollment or expanding the availability of concurrent enrollment.
Connect With Us