You are here
CDE Student Wellness Grant
About CDE Student Wellness
In 2008, the Colorado General Assembly passed House Bill 1224, expanding the Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act to include funding for local Student Wellness programs. The general assembly acknowledged that for students to reach their full potential, school communities must address comprehensive student wellness issues, including but not limited to addressing students' physical, mental, emotional, and social needs (Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act (§§ 22-25-101 — 22-25-110)).
This grant program supports school districts, board of cooperative services (BOCES), charter schools authorized by a school district or the Charter School Institute, and facility schools to implement the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) approach to:
- Increase coordination of policies, practices, and programs to support the physical, mental, emotional, and social needs of students;
- Expand local student wellness policies (C.R.S. 22-32-136 (5.5))
- Connect school health and wellness efforts to comprehensive health education standards and skills.
View our Student Wellness Fact Sheet
News and Announcements
End of Year Report: Due June 30, 2023
Annual Fiscal Report (AFR): Due September 30, 2023.
Please attach the following for the AFR:
- Last Approved Budget workbook (submitted at the mid-year in February), with AFR Tabs included.
- General Ledger report from your Accounting system that matches what is reported in the AFR report.
Student Wellness Contact Form
If you need to make an update to your CDE Student Wellness Contacts, please use this form.
The 2023 CDE Fall Conference: The Landscape of Well-being and Belonging
The 2023 CDE Fall Conference, The Landscape of Well-being and Belonging, will be held September 12th and 13th, 2023.
Visit our website for more registration, lodging, schedule of events, and more! The website is updated frequently, so check back for updates.
Wellness Coordinator Office Hours
Monthly Tuesdays 3:30 - 4:30 & Monthly Thursdays 12:00 - 1:00
Click here for the schedule and Zoom link (PDF)
Colorado Health Schools Collaborative Meetings
Colorado Healthy Schools Collaborative Meetings include networking, updates, and learning opportunities for those interested in Healthy Schools. Everyone is welcome to attend these quarterly meetings! For more information, contact Michelle Malvey.
Current Student Wellness Grantees
- Cherry Creek 5
- Charter School Institute - New America School
- Charter School Institute - Steamboat Montessori
- Douglas County RE-1 - Renaissance Secondary School
- Eagle County RE 50
- Greeley 6
- Harrison 2
- Harrison 2 - Atlas Preparatory School
- Hayden R-1
- Mountain Valley RE-1
- Salida R-32
- Sheridan 2
- Swink 33
- Trinidad 1
Resources for Grantees
The Hub, powered by the Colorado Education Initiative, connects PK-12 educators with
each other, families, and community partners to increase student success.
RMC Health Skills Models
Skill guides for the seven key health skills
aligned with the National Health Education Standards.
- School Wellness Committee Toolkit (PDF) - This guide was created as a resource for school wellness committees to convene, plan and implement their action plans.
- Virtual Healthy School - The CDC interactive Virtual Healthy School (VHS) that shows how components of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model can be integrated into your school to meet the needs of the whole child.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Adolescent and School Health
- Colorado Department of Public Safety - School Safety Resource Center
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Colorado Community Partners
Previously Funded Districts
- Archuleta School District
- Center Consolidated Schools
- CSI - New America School
- Harrison School District #2
- Hayden School District
- Lake County School District
- Poudre School District
- Silverton School District
- Weld County School District 6
- El Paso County School District 49
- Englewood Schools
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- STRIVE Preparatory Schools
- WSCC Success Stories
- Silverton School District - Healthy Transformations through the Silverton Cåfe
- Jefferson County Public Schools - More Movement, More Recess!
- Poudre School District - Creating a Wellness Legacy
Health Education Senior Grants Consultant
Connect With Us