- information about the new state tests?
- information about a school or school district?
- achievement results or homework help?
The resources listed here are selected to assist parents and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
Informational Packet for Parents for Spring 2016 Assessments
Third- through ninth-graders in Colorado will be taking the Colorado Measures of Academic Success tests that were aligned to the rigorous Colorado Academic Standards. Colorado's 10th-graders will be taking the PSAT and 11th-graders will take the ACT in April. These informational sheets are meant to answer some questions parents may have about the test their children are about to take.
What to Expect for State Tests This Year
About State Tests
- State Tests - Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS)
- Parent's Guide to Understanding the New Score Reports for Colorado's English Language Arts and Math Tests (PARCC):
English | Spanish (PDF)
- How to Use the Test Results to Support Your Student:
English | Spanish (PDF)
- Sample Score Report - English Language Arts:
English | Spanish | 9 other languages (PDF)
- Sample Score Report - Math: English | Spanish | 9 other languages (PDF)
Other Information By Topic
Finding a School
- School Choice Options
Early Learning and School Readiness
Graduation and Postsecondary Readiness
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
- Graduation Guidelines / Graduation Requirements:
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
- Postsecondary Readiness home page
English Language Development
Family and School Partnering
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- State Personnel Development Grant – Family, School, and Community Partnering
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Data Privacy and Security
- Educator Licensing
- Federal Programs
- High School Equivalency (GED) Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.