- information about the new state tests?
- information about a school or school district?
- achievement results or homework help?
The resources listed here are selected to assist parents and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
2016 State Test Results and What to Expect this Year
This past spring, third- through ninth-graders in Colorado took the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) tests that are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards. Colorado's 10th-graders took the PSAT and 11th-graders took the ACT in April. These materials can help parents better understand what the test results mean and how they can be used to support their student's academic success.
About State Tests
- State Tests - Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS)
- Purpose and Value of State Assessments (PDF)
- View 2016 test results
- Parent's Guide to Understanding Year II of the Score Reports for Colorado's English Language Arts and Math Tests (PARCC):
English | Spanish (PDF)
- How to Use the Test Results to Support Your Student:
English | Spanish (PDF)
- Sample Score Report
- CMAS Tests Results & School/District Accountability
Other Information By Topic
- Colorado Academic Standards
Finding a School
- School Choice Options
Early Learning and School Readiness
Graduation and Postsecondary Readiness
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
- Graduation Guidelines / Graduation Requirements:
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
- Postsecondary Readiness home page
English Language Development
Family and School Partnering
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- State Personnel Development Grant – Family, School, and Community Partnering
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Data Privacy and Security
- Educator Licensing
- Federal Programs
- High School Equivalency (GED) Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
- Acronyms Used by CDE
- Colorado State Board of Education
- Library Services for the Public
- National Education Association (NEA)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- U.S. Department of Education
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.