You are here
Mental health is a necessary component for the promotion of students’ developmental, social, and academic well-being. Mental health does not necessarily mean the absence of some form of mental illness, but rather having the means and necessary skills to promote the ability to cope with challenges in life. If ignored, mental health problems can interfere with children's learning, development, relationships, and physical health (National Association of School Psychologist, 2017).
Krista Klabo will be offering monthly office hours beginning September 21st on Tuesdays from 8:00 - 9:30 AM.
The School Psychology & Special Education Evaluation Specialist focuses their work on supporting school psychologists and school social workers in schools in Colorado. They can provide support in the areas of special education evaluation and eligibility, Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered System of Supports, and mental health for students with disabilities. If you have questions regarding licensing, please contact the Colorado Department of Education Licensing Team directly (information below under "Resources"). If you have questions relating to private practice, please contact the Department of Regulatory Agencies (information below under "Resources").
Colorado School Psychology and Social Worker Positions
- Please note that this may not include all of the jobs open in Colorado. Visit individual district websites for a complete list of job opportunities. All applications should be submitted directly to the district in which you are applying.
School Mental Health and Behavior Listserv
The School Mental Health and Behavior Listserv is a great way to receive information through periodic emails on statewide training(s), job opportunities, and mental health and/or behavior related events. If you would like to sign up for the listserv, please send your request to Amanda Nieser, Program Support: Email Amanda Nieser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mental Health
- School Psychology Services
- School Social Work Services
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Colorado PBIS
- CDE - Professional Development
- Technical Assistance Documents
- Instructional Unit Samples - Comprehensive Health (includes Social and Emotional Wellness)
- Brain Injury in Children/Youth: A Manual for Educators 2013 (PDF)
- Technical Assistance (TA) for the Office of Special Education
Colorado Department of Education Related Offices
- Standards and Instruction
- School Nutrition Unit
- Office of Learning Supports
- Office of Special Education
- Accountability and Support
- Office of Health and Wellness
- Career and Technical Education
- Educator Effectiveness
- Field Services Division
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
- Child Find and Preschool Special Education
State and National Partners
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- School Safety Resource Center
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- School Health Services, Colorado Access (Medicaid)
- Marijuana Use Prevention Resource Bank
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Resources
- Mental Health Resource Bank
- School Nursing and Health Resources
- Brain Injury Resources
- School Health Professional Resources
- Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network - A Child Trauma Toolkit for Educators (PDF)
- National PBIS
- The Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing” (Spanish and English) as open access
- Colorado Education Initiative's Colorado Framework for School Behavioral Health Services
- Colorado Society of School Psychologists
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Colorado School Social Work Association
- University Training Programs in Colorado:
- Colorado Bilingual School Mental Health Network
For more information, please contact:
Krista Klabo, Ed.S NCSP
School Psychology and Special Education Evaluation Specialist
(720) 284 – 2524
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.