Welcome to the gifted education section of the CDE website. We hope that at this site, you will find answers to many of your questions and the support you need for working with highly-able students. The Office of Gifted Education is one of three offices under the Exceptional Student Services Unit (along with the Office of Special Education and the Office of Facility Schools).
All Gifted students will accomplish challenging post-secondary work/force goals and become productive, creative citizens capable of succeeding in their area of strength.
Ensure gifted student growth and achievement through systems of support, programming and advocacy.
Right 4 Rural Javits Grant Program
- Right 4 Rural Grant Program Information (DOC)
Applications Due: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, by 11:59 pm
- Right 4 Rural Javits Grant Abstract
- Right 4 Rural Webinar: Recorded November 23, 2014
- Right 4 Rural (PPT)
ESCAPE AP/IB Grant 2015 - 2016
- ESCAPE AP/IB Information Package 2015-2016 (DOC)
- Application to Participate Due: February 1, 2016
CAGT Advanced Learning Plan Presentation
Find it Now
Open Position Opportunity: Grant Project Director (Position can be 50% or less if needed) Gifted Education, Exceptional Student Services Unit Position #1643
- G.E.T. (Gifted Education Tuesdays) Series 2015-2016
- Universal Screening and Qualified Personnel Grant Award (PDF)
- Meeting Handouts - Gifted Education Directors' Meeting Documents- September 17-18, 2015
- ESSU Technical Assistance - House Bill 14-1102: Concerning gifted education programs in public schools (PDF)