Welcome to the gifted education section of the CDE website. We hope that at this site, you will find answers to many of your questions and the support you need for working with highly-able students. The Office of Gifted Education is one of three offices under the Exceptional Student Services Unit (along with the Office of Special Education and the Office of Facility Schools).
All Gifted students will accomplish challenging post-secondary work/force goals and become productive, creative citizens capable of succeeding in their area of strength.
Ensure gifted student growth and achievement through systems of support, programming and advocacy.
Our website has recently been updated with many additional resources. Take a minute to visit our revised site!
- Depth & Complexity Framework: Workshop 1 Tutorial for Principals
- More information can be found under the Principal's Corner tab.
- Advanced Learning Plan Resources
- C-GER Resources for 2016
- 2016 - 2017 Universal Screening and Personnel Grant Awards
- Portability in Gifted Identification
- Data Privacy for Gifted Education