You are here
Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
The Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement was launched in 2009 and was created to expand efforts in reducing the dropout rate, increasing student engagement in school, and increasing the number of student's meeting graduation and postsecondary/workforce expectations. Through support for school and district strategies, the office works to:
- Improve the graduation and dropout rate each year
- In improving rates, decrease the gaps between individual student groups and overall statewide rates
The Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement works in three main areas to accomplish this work.
These grants support programs designed to improve student and school outcomes and be a catalyst for implementation of effective dropout prevention and intervention practices
Technical Assistance – Data
In partnership with CDE's data services team, the office supports the collection, sharing, and use of data related to student engagement, dropout and graduation.
Technical Assistance – Strategies
Based on the Colorado Dropout Prevention Framework, the office develops tools, resources, and other support that can help accelerate school and district efforts to improve student engagement and re-engagement, dropout, and graduation.
The Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement partners with other CDE offices, organizations, BOCES, districts, and schools.
This effort is authorized by Colorado Revised Statute 22-14-101 and builds on the state's commitment to ensure graduation and school success for all students and re-engaging out of school youth.
- Expelled and At-Risk Student Services (EARSS) Grant Open Now!
- Ninth Grade Success Grant (NGSG) Coming Soon!
2021-2022 state graduation rate improves to highest level: dropout rate also increases.
- Full press release of Graduation and Dropout Rates
- Dropout Data dashboard
- Graduation Data dashboard
- 2021-22 Legislative Report and Executive Summary
- Fact Sheets and FAQ
- Colorado Re-engagement Network listserve: Colorado Youth for a Change runs a network focused on student engagement and re-engagement
- Colorado Graduation and Dropout Rates from 2010 to 2022 (PDF)