Dropout Prevention and Engagement is dedicated to strengthening, coordinating and aligning resources to reduce the Colorado dropout rate and ensure graduation and school completion and will advance efforts across the state to support planning and implementation of effective practices at the local level. The Dropout Prevention and Student Engagement Unit includes six programs and initiatives and in 2010-11 represents over $31 million in funding to support districts, schools, educators and students.
Latest News and Updates
Colorado Continues Steady Gains on Graduation Rate
Data released Thursday, January 23, 2014 by the Colorado Department of Education shows the statewide on-time graduation rate for the class of 2013 increased 1.5 percentage points to 76.9 percent as compared to last year.
- Interactive map and graduation data
- 2013 Annual Dropout Prevention and Engagement Report (coming soon)
Resources and Tools for Graduation and Dropout Rates
- Full press release
- Overview of Graduation and Dropout Calculations
- Graduation Rate Infographic
- Dropout Rate Infographic
School Closure Support Tool Now Available
Request for Partnership Providers: Application Deadline Extended to December 9, 2014
We are now soliciting applications to support the Student Re-engagement Initiative. The purpose of the initiative is to create regional partnerships to support student re-engagement and provide opportunities for those who have dropped out of school. Eligible applicants include local and regional government agencies.
- SRI Partnership Provider Application
- SRI Application Cover Sheet
- SRI Partnership Agreement Form
- SRI Budget Application Spreadsheet
- Contact List of Eligible School Partners
- Student Reengagment Literature
- Student Reengagement Webinar