Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
RULEMAKING NOTICE - A Rulemaking Hearing will be held on Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 1:15 p.m. (201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO) State Board of Education to finalize the Emergency Rules into Permanent Rules
Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association National School Bus Safety Poster Contest for more information go to www.cspta.org
Special Education Guide Revision - If you are interested in participating in the revision of the Special Education Guide, please send an email to Susan Miller and we will add you to the committee. The majority of this work will be done on-line so anyone can participate. We will be beginning soon!
New Annual Inspector Qualification and Re-certification Tests are now available
Supervisor Training Fall 2016 (click on title)
Operation Rules Effective July 8, 2016
CDE Guides (NEW)
- School Transportation Technicians Annual Inspection Guide "Just Added"
- Reimbursement Claim Form (CDE-40) and Audit Resource Guide "Just Added"
- Resource Guide for 1 CCR 301-26 Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles
- Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide 2016
- School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide
- Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle ROUTE Operator Guide
- Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Operator Guide
- Operators License and Training Matrix - Updated 7/1/2016
Operation Rules Update
- ALL CDE forms have been reformatted and updated - - See Forms
School Transportation Assistance Review Schedule 2016-2020
- STAR Schedule 2016-2020 (PDF)
- Colorado Minimum Standards 1 CCR 301-25 - Effective April 30, 2015 (Updated 9/10/2015)
- Colorado Commercial Driver License Manual 2015 (PDF)
- First Aid and CPR Clarification from Public Health and Environment