Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
Operation Rules Update
Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles, 1 CCR 301-26, Rulemaking Hearing to be held on June 8, 2016 in Pueblo (see notice below)
- Notice of Rulemaking Hearing on June 8, 2016 (NEW)
- State Board of Education Memo - Transportation Rulemaking
- Transportation Colorado Revised Statutes Rulemaking Crosswalk April 2016
- Maintenance and Inspection Rules for State Board of Education - Notice of Rulemaking Request
- Operation Rules for State Board of Education - Notice of Rulemaking Request
- Operations License and Training Matrix UPDATED MAY 11
School Transportation Regional Training
School Transportation Assistance Review Schedule 2016-2020
- STAR Schedule 2016-2020 (NEW)
2016 Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association - Transportation Summit - June 20-24, 2016
- 2016 Technicians Contest
- Summit Brochure
- Click here To register and for additional information on the Transportation Summit
- CDE School Transportation Unit Training Opportunities at the Transportation Summit
Special Education Manual Revision Update
Due to the merging of the Annual Inspection Rules into the Operation Rules Revision process, the Special Education Manual Revision is currently on hold until the Operation Rules are completed.
- Colorado Minimum Standards 1 CCR 301-25 Effective April 30, 2015 (Updated 9/10/2015)
- Operation and Annual Inspection Rules Timeline
- Colorado Commercial Driver License Manual 2015 NEW