Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State, Out of State and Out of Country
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
- eLicensing Interruption from Oct. 21-24
- The Colorado Department of Education’s eLicensing system will be down from Wednesday, Oct. 21 through Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015. The elicensing system allows educators and administrators to apply, renew or check the status of their educator licenses. The four-day interruption of service is due to the migration to a new system. During this time, educators will not be able to log into the system or submit a license. Districts will not be able to check on the status of a license and CDE educator licensing customer service, licensing and investigation staff will have no access to the system.
- For general licensing questions during this time, phone 303-866-6628. In addition, staff will respond to questions via the educator licensing email address at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us. CDE apologizes for any inconvenience and sincerely appreciates your understanding and patience during this time. More information about the new systems and it’s many benefits will be shared soon!
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment For the past year, the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing has engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- NEW!! Rules are open for public comment from September 9, 2015 through October 12, 2015: The draft educator preparation and licensing rules have been reviewed by internal policy analysts and are up and ready for public written comment as a part of the State Board of Education's rule making process! View the September 9th version of the Educator Preparation and Licensing Draft Rules. If you have comments, please submit written feedback by October 12, 2015 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: The State Board of Education has made notice of a rule-making hearing. The hearing will be held at the November board meeting on November 12, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. in the State Board Room at 201 E. Colfax. We encourage stakeholders to come and share feedback around the rules on this day. Those who choose to speak about the rules will have three minutes to do so.