Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State, Out of State and Out of Country
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information about educator preparation programs and licensure.
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment For the past year, the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing has engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- Need Help? We want to help you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
- Extended phone wait times during summer.The customer service team is happy to help you; please know that this is our heaviest season and our phone wait times can be 10 up to 20 minutes long. We apologize for the long wait times and encourage you to access all of the information on our website or you may send us an email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us. We sincerely appreciate your patience and we look forward to serving you as quickly as we can.
- Hard Copy Licenses will no longer be available from CDE beginning July 1, 2015. Due to low demand and increased printing costs, this option has been eliminated. Please review the Credential Delivery page to learn more about eCredentials.
- Minority Recruitment and Retention Report: Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.