The Office of Blended & Online Learning serves and supports Online & Blended Learning Schools, Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, other related entities, and individuals related to K-12 Online & Blended Learning in Colorado. We are committed to providing information to all interested parties, as well as supporting the responsible growth of Online Learning & Blended Learning.
The Office of Blended & Online Learning began duties October 1, 2007 under Senate Bill 215 legislation. Our purposes are:
- To support Online Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, and other entities related to Online Learning by providing information and access to available data;
- To facilitate the certification of Multi-District Online Programs.
Online Learning in Colorado
- Characteristics and Perspectives of Colorado's Online Students (PDF) - One page summary with key findings and recommendations from most recent research regarding online students in Colorado.
- New Colorado Studies about Online Learning
To receive updates from the Office of Blended & Online Learning, please send an email with your name and email address to email@example.com.
College Level Online Courses
For information regarding Online Courses in Higher Education, please visit the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
Online Task Force
Recently passed legislation, Colorado House Bill 14-1382 (HB 1382), requires the convening of an Online Task Force to review best practices and policies for authorizing and administering multi-district online schools, provide the State Board of Education with recommendations regarding quality standards and practices for authorizers, and provide recommendations to the State Board of Education and General Assembly regarding the regulatory and statutory changes that are necessary to certify authorizers of multi-district online schools.
The online task force will begin meeting in August, with the first meeting date to be determined. It is anticipated that the Online Task Force will meet biweekly until January 2015. The process of identifying a facilitator is in progress and is subject to the bidding process that is standard for the state.
- Judy Bauernschmidt - Parent, Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy
- Brian Bissell - Parent, Colorado Virtual Academy
- Scott Campbell - Superintendent, Widefield School District #3
- Joe Dinnetz - Teacher, LPS Voyager, Littleton Public Schools
- Leanne Emm - Associate Commissioner, Public School Finance, CDE
- Diana Gamboa - Director of Online Learning, Boulder Valley School District & Head of School, Boulder Universal
- Ethan Hemming - Executive Director, Colorado Charter Institute
- Chaille Hymes - Principal, Colorado Connections Academy
- Renee Martinez - Online & Blended Learning Specialist, CDE
- Dale McCall - Executive Director, Colorado BOCES Association
- Kim McClelland - Executive Director, Colorado Digital BOCES & Zone Superintendent, Falcon School District 49
- Gretchen Morgan - Executive Director, Choice and Innovation Unit, CDE
- Dan Morris - Executive Director, eNet Colorado
- Amy Valentine - Executive Director, Insight School of Colorado & Colorado Preparatory Academy
- Linda Van Matre - President, Board of Education, Academy School District 20