The Office of Blended & Online Learning serves and supports Online & Blended Learning Schools, Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, other related entities, and individuals related to K-12 Online & Blended Learning in Colorado. We are committed to providing information to all interested parties, as well as supporting the responsible growth of Online Learning & Blended Learning.
The Office of Blended & Online Learning began duties October 1, 2007 under Senate Bill 215 legislation. Our purposes are:
- To support Online Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, and other entities related to Online Learning by providing information and access to available data;
- To facilitate the certification of Multi-District Online Programs.
Notice of Rulemaking-Rules for the Administration, Certification and Oversight of Colorado Online Programs
To receive updates from the Office of Blended & Online Learning, please send an email with your name and email address to email@example.com.
College Level Online Courses
For information regarding Online Courses in Higher Education, please visit the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
Online Task Force
Recently passed legislation, Colorado House Bill 14-1382 (HB 1382), requires the convening of an Online Task Force to review best practices and policies for authorizing and administering multi-district online schools, provide the State Board of Education with recommendations regarding quality standards and practices for authorizers, and provide recommendations to the State Board of Education and General Assembly regarding the regulatory and statutory changes that are necessary to certify authorizers of multi-district online schools.
Online Task Force meetings are open to the public and are also broadcasted via the internet. To hear the live broadcast of the meeting(s) go to the following link at the posted meeting time: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/online/
Please log in as a guest with provide your first and last name.
If you have never used Adobe Connect before it is recommended that you test your connection:
Test your connection: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
August 28, 2014
September 12, 2014
Meeting Recordings & Minutes:
August 28, 2014 Recording: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/p8wfvyg0bs2/ Minutes-August 28, 2014 Meeting
September 12, 2014 Recording: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/p1x4durlrhy/ Minutes-September 12, 2014 Meeting
Future Online Task Force Meeting Dates
Friday, September 12, 2014: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Adams 12 Conference Center, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, CO 80241
Monday, September 29, 2014: 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Adams 12 Conference Center, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thorton, CO 80241
Monday, October 13, 2014: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., CDE-State Board Room, 201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80203
Monday, October 27, 2014: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., CDE-State Board Room, 201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80203
Monday, November 17, 2014: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Colorado Talking Book Library, 180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Wednesday, December 3, 2014: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Summit Event Center, 411 Sable Boulevard, Aurora, CO 80011
Tuesday, December 16, 2014: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Colorado Talking Book Library, 180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Keeping Pace 2013 Virtual Schools in the U.S. 2014: Politics, Performance, Policy, and Research Evidence
Online Pupil Count Colorado Average Daily Membership Study
NCSL Final Meeting Doc Student Count Mechaniams for Funding Purposes
NACSA MN Policy Brief Measuring Quality From Inputs to Outcome
Online Emergency Rules The State of Charter School Authorizing
2013 MN Statute Charter Schools Principles & Standards for Quality Charter School Authorizing
- Judy Bauernschmidt - Parent, Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy
- Brian Bissell - Parent, Colorado Virtual Academy
- Scott Campbell - Superintendent, Widefield School District #3
- Joe Dinnetz - Teacher, LPS Voyager, Littleton Public Schools
- Leanne Emm - Associate Commissioner, Public School Finance, CDE
- Diana Gamboa - Director of Online Learning, Boulder Valley School District & Head of School, Boulder Universal
- Ethan Hemming (Task Force Chair)- Executive Director, Colorado Charter Institute
- Chaille Hymes - Principal, Colorado Connections Academy
- Renee Martinez - Online & Blended Learning Specialist, CDE
- Dale McCall - Executive Director, Colorado BOCES Association
- Kim McClelland - Executive Director, Colorado Digital BOCES & Zone Superintendent, Falcon School District 49
- Gretchen Morgan - Executive Director, Choice and Innovation Unit, CDE
- Dan Morris - Executive Director, eNet Colorado
- Amy Valentine - Executive Director, Insight School of Colorado & Colorado Preparatory Academy
- Linda Van Matre - President, Board of Education, Academy School District 20
Task Force Facilitator: John L. Myers