PBIS is a prevention-based framework for assisting school personnel in adopting and organizing evidence-based behavioral supports and interventions into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
The mission of the Colorado Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Initiative is to establish and maintain effective school environments that maximize academic achievement and behavioral competence of all learners in Colorado.
For More Information Contact:
Lynne DeSousa, PBIS Statewide Coordinator
- We have great interest in our PBIS within the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Framework Training. We are working on solutions for additional trainings, so please stay tuned!
- Register for the 14th International Conference on Positive Behavior Support! It's in Denver, Colorado on March 1-4, 2017 at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Current Legislation Information
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education on School Discipline Disparities and Positive School Climate and Culture
- Dear Colleague Letter on PBIS and Students with Disabilities 2016 (PDF)
- Dear Colleague Letter on Nondiscrimination School Discipline 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Resource Guide for Improving School Climate 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Directory of Federal School Climate and Discipline Resources (PDF)
- USDOE School Climate and Discipline Guidance
- 2012 Colorado state legislation on school discipline (PDF)
- Colorado House Bill 11-1254: Concerning Measures to Reduce the Frequency of Bullying in Schools
- Overview of the bill (PDF)
CO PBIS Wikispaces
The Colorado PBIS Universal Supports, Targeted Supports, and Behavior Tools Wikispaces provide resources for educators, PBIS implementers, and families. These sites allow for exploration of PBIS and provide content, curriculum, and resources related to a multi-tiered system of behavior supports.