- In Colorado, a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is defined as: a prevention-based framework of team-driven data-based problem solving for improving the outcomes of every student through family, school, and community partnering and a layered continuum of evidence-based practices applied at the classroom, school, district, region, and state level.
- The mission of the Office of Learning Supports (OLS) is to shape, develop, and increase the collective capacity of schools and districts to implement and sustain a multi-tiered system of supports, through a problem-solving culture that integrates data, practices, and systems which improve educational outcomes for every student.
Resources (June 2016)
- MTSS Overview Video - Investigation Guide
- Definitions: MTSS and Five Essential Components
- Office of Learning Supports: CO-MTSS Brochure
- MTSS & RtI & PBIS Crosswalk document
- 2016: DRAFT School-Based Self-Assessment Evaluation Tool
(Note: This school-based tool is in pilot processes now; please notify us if you are using this tool so that we can receive your feedback.)
Technical Assistance Opportunities
In order to request TA from the OLS, please complete the online submission of this TA Request Form. To prepare your responses, you may choose to download this PDF version of the form prior to opening the online submission form. Requests for TA will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis; preference may be given to district/charter leadership and administrative units in need of support integrating systems of academic and behavioral support.
Access MTSS slideshows to see what presentations were offered in 2016.
Please visit the the Support page (also linked in the left-hand navigation on this page) for training materials from prior-year events (2014-2015).
For More Information
Contact Kim Watchorn, 303-866-6262.