You are here
Health Education Resources
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Data Released (CDPHE)
- Health Kids Colorado Data - The purpose of the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey is to better understand youth health and what factors support youth to make healthy choices. CDPHE has published Healthy Kids Colorado Data for the state and health statistical regions. This data can be used to identify behavioral need as well as risk and protective factors in your school and community. These data can be a key indicator and driver to guiding your health education curriculum.
- SMART Source Data - Colorado Healthy Schools Smart Source (Smart Source) is an inventory of best practices in school health, completed once per school by school staff. Schools and districts use Smart Source to help inform programs and policies to improve student health.
The Comprehensive Health standards focus on personal decision-making around emotional and social well-being, positive communication, healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco, drug, and alcohol abuse prevention and violence prevention. The standards underscore important skills for navigating today’s society with its complex and often confusing messages around health, beauty, and happiness.
Article IX, Section 16 of Colorado's constitution states, "Neither the general assembly nor the state board of education shall have power to prescribe textbooks to be used in the public schools." However, CDE can still serve as an advisor to help districts and schools adopt, adapt, develop, or use the materials of their choice.
Suggested text is something like: Instructional support is grounded in CDE's shared approach to Best, First Instruction as well as practices and strategies supported by professional organizations and scholars at the leading edge of health education.
There are many opportunities to connect and grow as a professional educator with the larger health education community, including mailing lists, professional organizations, and events.
News and Announcements
- RMC Health has released updated health skill models. They also provide training on implementation of these models in health education
- CDE provides training and technical assistance related to the health education standards, curriculum alignment and, instructional best practices. Please contact me for more information
For further assistance, please contact: