You are here
Being a principal or other school leader in the 21st Century takes courage, commitment and care. In an effort to support principals in leading their staff in collaborative, innovative and creative ways throughout the year, the Colorado Department of Education has created the Principal Resources webpage to bring together internal and external resources to assist school leaders to confidently lead their school communities.
A CDE-wide, cross-unit team has collaborated to bring together valuable resources to assist principals with navigating the web of information with ease and efficiency. These resources and tools are intended to support principals with the creation of systems and structures in schools, to empower educational stakeholders, and to build a strong climate and culture in their schools.
The application window for the 2020-21 Principal Leadership Institute is now closed, but you can still learn more about future opportunities!
Jump to a Section:
Accountability Data Tools and Reports
Colorado Academic Standards
- CDE Educator Effectiveness (EE) Office - Home Page
- COMPS (RANDA) Guidance for 2020-21
- Modifications to the 2020-21 Evaluation Cycle
- Providing Effective Observations and Feedback in Various Learning Environments
Educator Professional Development
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) Inclusive Leadership Resources
Instructional Hours and Attendance
Nutrition and School Lunch
Quality Schools Initiative for Turnaround Schools
Research and Impact
Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) and Self-Care
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Remote Learning Resources for SEL, Mental Health and Behavior
- Self-care Toolbox
- Assistive and Educational Technology
- Center for Implementing Technology in Education
- Consumer Guide to Buying Technology
- Getting Connected Online
- Guidance on E-Learning Technology
Unified Improvement Plans
Memberships and Other Resources
- CASE Webinars for Elementary Principals - coming soon
- CDE Preschool Through 3rd Grade Office
- Colorado Office of Early Childhood, Department of Human Services
- Colorado READ Act
- K-3 Teacher Evidence-Based Reading Requirements
- CASE Webinars for Secondary Principals
- Living Your Excellence During the COVID-19 Epidemic
- Virtual Structures and Systems - What Do They Look Like Now?
- Partnerships & Communications with Parents and Communities
- How to Maintain the School's Identity and Culture During This Time
- Grading, Discipline, Evaluation, Hiring and the Kitchen Sink
- Activities/Athletics - Now What?
- SEL Support for Staff and Self During COVID-19
- How to Prepare for Next Year - Returning to Normal...What's That?
- Colorado Charter Schools Act
- Charter Schools Guidebook
- CDE Charter School Topic-Based Webinars
- National Center for Special Education in Charter Schools (NCSECS)
Induction and Professional Development
Memberships and Other Resources
- Educator Talent Division
This division develops, deploys and supports talent management and human capital development strategies for districts and schools so that the most effective educators are in every school and classroom and all students are prepared for college, career and life.
- Contact: Robyn Hamasaki, School Leadership Development Specialist, at email@example.com
- Exceptional Student Services Unit
This unit administers the state's Exceptional Children's Educational Act (ECEA) and the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for children with disabilities.
- Contact: Wendy Sawtell, Supervisor, Strategic Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School and District Strategic Transformation Unit
This unit supports districts and schools in the continual improvement in student achievement.
- Contact: Nicole Monet, Director of Intensive Supports, at email@example.com
- Schools of Choice Unit
This unit supports high-quality educational choices for Colorado families and students and promotes thoughtful innovations that will prepare Colorado students to be 21st Century adults.
- Contact: Jeri Bisbee, Training Partner - Charter School Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com or contact one of the team members directly.