Educator Talent Division
Welcome to the new Educator Talent website! Our mission is to develop, deploy and support talent management and human capital development strategies for districts and schools so that the most effective educators are in every school and classroom and all students are prepared for college, career, and life. Visit our About Us page to learn more about the Educator Talent Division.
Visit our Top Pages
- Educators: teachers, principals, administrators, and special services providers (see list of Special Services Providers)
- Educators licensed outside Colorado: out-of-state educators and international teachers
- Educator authorizations: substitute, career and technical education (CTE) and others (see full list of Colorado educator authorizations)
- Prospective students of university/college approved educator preparation programs
- Educator preparation program students
- Career changers/individuals in the workforce interested in entering the teaching profession
- Districts/ BOCES
- Superintendents, assistant superintendents
- Human resources directors, licensure coordinators
- District/BOCES leaders and administrators
- Charter leaders and administrators
New Student Teacher/In-Field Experience CDE Fingerprint Process Coming in March 2019
In March 2019, CDE will be launching a new fingerprint process for students completing field experience, student teaching and any other pre-service placement in a classroom. This new process will allow CDE to share criminal history information, if any exists, with the students’ educator preparation program and school district/charter school. Making this information available will allow educator preparation programs and school districts/charter schools to make informed decisions about placing students in the classroom. This will also allow students to be fingerprinted once for all their pre-service placements. More details on how to get fingerprinted and accessing reports will be communicated in early 2019.
Educator Talent launches Policy Updates webpage
Visit the Educator Talent Policy Updates webpage to learn more about policy, rules, and educator shortage grants being implemented by the Educator Talent Division.
Teacher shortage grant opportunities available
To help school districts and BOCES review and identify teacher shortage grant opportunities that resulted from the 2018 legislative session, the Educator Talent Unit created a Teacher Shortage Funding Opportunities Overview highlighting the primary initiatives. The document allows for the review of available grants, timelines, funds and eligibility requirements for potential combining of opportunities.
Helping educators teach English language learners
During its February meeting, the State Board of Education directed CDE to create new, flexible professional development pathways for new and current teachers to better serve students with English language education needs. Learn more about the increase in professional development for all teachers and learn how to meet those requirements.
Learn about district, BOCES and charter school parent notification requirements, House Bill 18-1269
House Bill 18-1269 was passed during the 2018 legislative season with an effective date of August 15th, 2018. The law creates a new section, 22-1-130 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.). This statute requires public school districts, Board of Cooperative Services (BOCES) and charter schools to notify parents of students anytime a school employee is charged with certain crimes.