You are here
School Psychology Services
Purpose: School psychologists are the mental health professionals who help children and youth overcome barriers to success in school, at home, and in life. They use many different strategies to address individual needs, as well as enhance systems that support students on school and district-wide levels.
School psychologists lower barriers to healthy learning and behavior through intervention, prevention, assessment, consultation, and advocacy. School psychologists work with parents, educators, and other mental health service providers to help each child develop resiliency, competence, and self esteem, resulting in improving the lives and learning of children and youth. (National Association of School Psychologists, 2004).
Colorado School Psychology and Social Worker Positions
Please note that this may not include all of the jobs open in Colorado. Visit individual district websites for a complete list of job opportunities. All applications should be submitted directly to the district in which you are applying.
Nominate School Psychologist of the Year
Employment and Recruitment
- Colorado School Psychology Internship Guidance (PDF)
- Colorado School Psychology Internship Matrix for 2020-2021 (Google Sheet)
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list and may not include all internship sites
- How to Add/Update your Internship Opening on the School Psychology Matrix [.xlsx]
- Licensing Standards
- Special Service Provider Endorsements
School Psychology Resources:
- Colorado School Society of Psychologists
- The National Association of School Psychologists
- University Training Programs:
- Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network - A Child Trauma Toolkit for Educators (PDF)
- Colorado Bilingual School Mental Health Network
For more information, please contact:
Email Gina Herrera
Phone: (303) 866-6605
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.