The Student October Pupil Enrollment collection contains student enrollment information as of the pupil enrollment count date. This information is used to determine the school demographics, number of students in instructional programs, free and reduced lunch counts, and distribution of school finances across the state.
The 2017-2018 Student October Snapshot is scheduled to open on Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
Pupil Membership data for the 2016-2017 school year can be found on the Colorado Education Statistics web page.
- 2017-2018 Student October Timeline (PDF) (updated 7/27/2017)
File Layout and Definitions
- 2017-2018 Student October File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 7/27/2017)
- 2016-17 Student October File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 6/22/2016)
- Student Interchange website
- Student Demographics and School Association files must be submitted to complete Student October
- 2016-17 Business Rules for Student October (XLSX) (updated 9/1/2016)
- 2015-16 Business Rules for Student October (XLS)
- Exception Request Template and Instructions (XLSX)
- Alternate Count Date Template and Instructions (XLSX)
- Transfer Date Exception Template and Instructions (XLSX)
Student October Trainings
- Student October Training Schedule (PDF) (updated 07/27/2017)
School Code Changes
If there are changes to a school name or changes to school grade range, a letter (on district letterhead) from the district superintendent is required indicating the changes. Once the letter is signed by the superintendent, FAX the letter to the attention of Dennis St. Hilaire at (303) 866-6888.
- Definition of a school -- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Definition of a Colorado Public School (PDF) (updated 2/2/2017)
- Colorado Definitions of Public School Levels (PDF)
- School Code Change Forms
- Student October valid Attendance-Finance code combinations (XLS) (updated 8/16/16)
- The Student October contacts (approvers) are in Data Pipeline, Cognos under “Student October” -> “Student October Contact List”
- Cognos Student October Report Definitions (DOCX)
- Syncplicity References
- Field Analyst Support Team (FAST)' s website, which includes the Student October Resource Guide
- Addresses of Colorado schools
- Historical Pupil Membership reports
- Historical Student October Layout and Definitions
Contact: Morgan Holmgren at email@example.com