You are here
2022 Count Date: Monday, October 3
Each year all public school districts across the state of Colorado participate in the Student October Count data submission to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). The purpose of this data collection is to obtain required student level data as provided for by state statute, including information regarding students’ funding eligibility and lunch eligibility (“Free,” “Reduced,” or “Paid”) as outlined in the Public School Finance Act of 1994 (Section 22-54-101, C.R.S.). The Colorado Department of Education collects these data through the Data Pipeline with the Information Management Services (IMS) unit of CDE overseeing the collection.
In an effort to ensure accurate reporting of those data fields associated with student and at-risk funding, the School Auditing Office of the School Finance Unit for the Colorado Department of Education conducts periodic compliance audits of each district’s student October count data, including a review of documentation to support free and reduced-price lunch eligibility.
Upcoming At-Risk Count Webinars
Some forms recommended by the School Auditing Office may contain personally identifiable information of students and districts should take additional precautions. Local education agencies must use secure means when sending Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to CDE. If transferring PII between districts, schools, or with other parties, CDE strongly recommends that you send PII via a secure method. For example, an encrypted email, a secure file sharing tool like Syncplicity, or including the PII in a password protected document. If you have questions, contact CDE’s Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior Audit Resource Guides
Prior versions of the Audit Resource Guide can be found by clicking here.
- Family Economic Data Survey for 2022-2023 - English (.docx)
- Family Economic Data Survey for 2022-2023 - Spanish (.docx)
- Family Economic Data Survey Instructions 2022-2023 - English (.docx)
- Family Economic Data Survey Instructions 2022-2023 - Spanish (.docx)
- Family Economic Data Survey Family Friendly 2022-2023 Instructions - English (.docx)
- Family Economic Data Survey Family Friendly 2022-2023 Instructions - Spanish (.docx)
- 2022-2023 FEDS Determining Official Processing Instructions (PDF)
Internal CDE Resources
Please contact Rebecca McRee (email@example.com) if an alternate version of any of these documents is needed.
Connect With Us