You are here
Data Pipeline Interchanges - Student
The student interchange is a set of four files which contain student information for a school year. The student interchange contains student demographics, student enrollment records, post-secondary information, advanced course completion data, and graduation guidelines data. This information is used in the following collections: Student October, Special Education December Count, Special Education Discipline, Student End of Year, and Student Biographical Data.
The 2020-2021 Student Interchange files are open for uploads. The 2021-2022 Student Interchange will open on July 12, 2021.
File Layout and Definitions
Note: Changes for the 2020-2021 school year are highlighted in yellow within the documents.
- 2020-2021 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Student Demographic (PDF) (updated 10/5/2020)
- 2020-2021 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Student School Association (PDF) (updated 10/5/2020)
- 2020-2021 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Advanced Course Completion (updated 10/5/2020)
- The Advanced Course Completion has been removed entirely from the student interchange (2020-2021 and beyond)
- 2020-2021 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Graduation Guidelines (PDF) (updated 1/19/2021)
- Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, the Graduation Guidelines interchange file will be a required data file. Districts are encouraged to collect and report Graduation Guidelines data as soon as possible in preparation for the upcoming required collection. Graduation Guidelines data is not required for Student October.
- The Graduation Guidelines file is used for the Student End of Year collection. The file serves as a validator to check to make sure any student marked as a graduate (exit type code 90) in Student End of Year also has met Graduation Guidelines (at least one in English and at least one in math).
- More information on Graduation Guidelines can be found here.
- Pipeline only accepts file extensions of: csv txt xls xlsx
- You need a header row (in first row)
- Pipeline only accepts field delimiters of: , | ~
- Include leading zeros (0) for required fields (for instance 01 or 02 for gender)
- 2020-2021 Student Demographics Business Rules (XLSX)
- 2020-2021 Student School Association Business Rules (XLSX)
- 2020-2021 Student Advanced Course Completion Business Rules Removed 2020-2021 and Beyond
- 2020-2021 Graduation Guidelines Business Rules (XLSX)
- 2020-2021 Student Demographics Template (XLS)
- 2020-2021 Student School Association Template (XLS)
- 2020-2021 Graduation Guidelines Template (XLS)
- Special Education Transition Students: Coding Guide (posted 3/1/2021)
- 2017-18 English Learner Changes Presentation (PDF) (updated 6/1/2017)
- Language Instruction Program Descriptions (PDF) (updated 11/11/2020)
- Steps to upload files in Data Pipeline (PDF) (updated 11/17/2020)
- Tagging Interchange Files (PDF) (posted 11/17/2020)
Contact: Brooke Wenzel, email@example.com