Each year all public school districts and facilities across the state of Colorado participate in the Student October Count data submission to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). The purpose of this data collection is to obtain required student level data as provided for by state statute, including information regarding students’ funding eligibility as outlined in the Public School Finance Act of 1994, as amended (22-54-101, C.R.S.). The Colorado Department of Education collects these data through the Data Pipeline system with the Information Management Services (IMS) unit of CDE overseeing the collection.
Looking for Free Lunch?
The At-Risk/Free Lunch page for the Student October Count Submission process contains a resource guide specific to free lunch eligibility, webinar recordings and forms.
The Student October Count is based on a one (1) day membership count in which districts are asked to report all students who are actively enrolled and attending classes through their district on that date. While the submission should only include those students who meet the membership and scheduling requirements as of the pupil enrollment count day, the actual submission process begins in September and closes mid-November. Districts should refer to the Student October Count data submission documentation distributed by the IMS unit at CDE for further information regarding the actual submission process and data element definitions.
Pupil Enrollment Count Date for 2016-2017: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
11-day Count Period: September 28, 2016 – October 12, 2016
Student October Count Audit Resource Guide 2016 – Coming June 2016
Click Here for: Save the Date: 2016 Pupil Count and At-Risk Webinars
Student October Count In-Person Training Sessions
The Field Analyst Support Team (FAST) is gathering information to determine the level of interest district staff have in attending in-person training sessions covering the funding requirements and subsequent audit documentation necessary to secure funding allocated as a result of the data submitted in their Student October Count data submission. Please click on the following link to provide feedback to the FAST about your district’s interest by Friday, May 27th.
Important Documentation For the 2015-2016 School Year
- Student October Count Resource Guide 2015 (Updated September 18, 2015)
- Addendum to Student October Count Audit Resource Guide for 2015 (Updated September 18, 2015)
- Student October Count Audit Webinar PowerPoint for 2015
Some forms recommended by the Field Analyst Support Team may contain personally identifiable information of students. Because email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses; forms with PII should not be emailed. Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.
- Affidavit of Colorado Residency (Proof of Residency) - 2015/2016
- Affidavit of Colorado Residency (Proof of Residency) - 2016/2017
- Approved Facilities List
- Approved Online Schools and Programs
- AUD 101 (Detention Center Notification)
- AUD 103 (Alternative Count)
- AUD 105 (Transfer Notification)
- Cooperative Agreement – ASCENT Program
- Cooperative Agreement – Concurrent Enrollment
- Gifted and Talented Programs
- Gifted and Talented Advanced Learning Plan Guidelines
- Online Authorizer Assurance Form
- Pupil Count Webinar Recording - June 2015
- Pupil Count Webinar Recording – September 2015
- Rules for the Administration of Colorado Online Programs
- Rules for the Administration of the Public School Finance Act of 1994
- Sample Attendance for Concurrent Enrollment/ASCENT
2015-2016 Student October Count Submission Deadlines
Below are some important dates and deadlines with regards to the Student October Count submission, as well as a timeline that includes guidelines for districts to follow for the preparation of October Count internal processes and the submission, itself.
- Sept. 10 – Online Authorizer Assurance Form Due to the Office of Blended and Online Learning
- Sept. 15 – Alternative Count Date requests due to FAST
- Sept. 24 – Oct. 8 – 11-day Count Period
- Nov. 10 – Submission Closes
- Nov. 13 – Duplicate Count documents due to FAST
- Nov. 18 – FAST to have finalized all duplicate decisions
- Nov. 20 – All districts are to have resubmitted their data