Each year all public school districts and facilities across the state of Colorado participate in the Student October Count data submission to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). The purpose of this data collection is to obtain required student level data as provided for by state statute, including information regarding students’ funding eligibility as outlined in the Public School Finance Act of 1994, as amended (22-54-101, C.R.S.). The Colorado Department of Education collects these data through the Data Pipeline system with the Information Management Services (IMS) unit of CDE overseeing the collection.
The Student October Count is based on a one (1) day membership count in which districts are asked to report all students who are actively enrolled and attending classes through their district on that date. While the submission should only include those students who meet the membership and scheduling requirements as of the pupil enrollment count day, the actual submission process begins in September and closes mid-November. Districts should refer to the Student October Count data submission documentation distributed by the IMS unit at CDE for further information regarding the actual submission process and data element definitions.
Some forms recommended by the Field Analyst Support Team may contain personally identifiable information of students. Because email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses; forms with PII should not be emailed. Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.
- Approved Facilities List
- Approved Online Schools and Programs
- AUD 101 (Detention Center Notification)
- AUD 103 (Alternative Count)
- AUD 105 (Transfer Notification)
- Audit Engagement Letter - Example
- Cooperative Agreement – ASCENT Program
- Cooperative Agreement – Concurrent Enrollment
- Gifted and Talented Programs
- Gifted and Talented Advanced Learning Plan Guidelines
- Rules for the Administration of Colorado Online Programs
- Rules for the Administration of the Public School Finance Act of 1994
- Sample Attendance for Concurrent Enrollment/ASCENT
- Student October Count Resource Guide Checklist
- Webinar - 2014-2015 Concurrent Enrollment and ASCENT Presentation - Updated 09/10/14
- Webinar - 2014-2015 FAST Student October Count Presentation - Updated 09/10/14
Below are some important dates and deadlines with regards to the Student October Count submission, as well as a timeline that includes guidelines for districts to follow for the preparation of October Count internal processes and the submission, itself.
2014-2015 Student October Count Submission Deadlines
- Nov. 7 – Submission closes
- Nov. 14 – Duplicate Count documents due to FAST
- Nov. 21 (in the a.m.) – FAST to have finalized all duplicate decisions
- Nov. 21 (end of business) – all district are to have resubmitted their data