You are here
Approved Professional Development
Approved Professional Development to meet the READ Evidence-Based Training Requirements
The following professional development programs have been reviewed and approved to meet the criteria for the evidence-based training in teaching reading requirements as defined by the Colorado READ Act.
The Advisory List of Professional Development was updated on May 15, 2023.
The next professional development review is anticipated to be conducted in 2025.
Questions & Rubric Requests
Completed rubrics for any reviewed professional development will be made available upon request. Please contact READAct@cde.state.co.us with all rubric requests and questions related to professional development review.
Approved Teacher Training
K-3 Teacher Training (for teachers who teach ONLY grades K-3)
- Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education (CORE) - Elementary Reading Academy + Language Conventions & Writing Fundamentals
- Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education (CORE) - Online Elementary Reading Academy + Language Conventions & Writing Fundamentals
- Deborah R Glaser, EdD, LLC - The Reading Teacher's Top Ten Tools: Instruction That Makes a Difference
- Keys to Literacy - Keys to Beginning Reading-(face-to face training)
- Lexia Learning - LETRS Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling 3rd Edition, Units 1-8
- Public Consulting Group, Inc - Building a Strong Foundation: Developing Early Literacy Skills
- Strive - Evidence-Based Teacher Training Course
K-12 Teacher Training (for teachers who teach in any of the grades K-12)
- AIM Institute for Learning and Research - Pathways to Proficient Reading, 2nd Edition
- Colorado Literacy & Learning Center (CLLC) - Academic Language Therapy and the Science of Reading
- Mind InFormation - Lexercise
- Public Education and Business Coalition (PEBC) - Making Evidence Based Reading a Reality
- Public Consulting Group, Inc - Building a Strong Foundation for Lifelong Literacy Success
- Summary (coming soon)
- The Apple Group - Connections: OG in 3D, 9th Edition
- TNTP - Science of Reading Elementary, v 1.0
Approved Administrator Training
- AIM Institute for Learning and Research - Pathways to Literacy Leadership, 2nd edition
- CORE - Reading Fundamentals Leader Institute
- Public Consulting Group, Inc - Building a Strong Foundation for Lifelong Literacy Success for Principals/Administrators
- Summary (coming soon)
**As of May 6, 2020, CDE will accept applications from Colorado school districts or BOCES seeking approval of professional development plans to meet the requirements of the evidence-based training in teaching reading required by the READ Act (C.R.S.12-7-1208(6)(a)). The district teacher training professional development application is a “rolling application” and can be submitted at any time.