You are here
READ Plan Resources for Educators:
The READ Act states specific processes and elements to be part of READ Plan creation and ongoing student support. These resource provide educators with support for the effective implementation of a READ Plan.
- PDF Document designed to support effective READ Plan implementation
- Word documents to include all components of a READ Plan
- Two case studies starting with interim and diagnostic results and then stepping through examples of goals and objectives that could be included in a READ Plan
- Talking points to cover with parents upon implementing a READ Plan
- Co-created by the Office of Literacy and Exceptional Student Services Unit. This document provides information on the implementation of READ plans for students with IEPs.
- This webinar includes background information on required Kindergarten assessments in Colorado, how to use the problem-solving process across these assessments, and the requirements and flexibilities in documentation in creating and maintaining individual student plans.
Colorado's READ Act requires that a READ plan acquired in grades K-3 remains in place until a student has reached grade level reading competency, determined locally through a body of evidence. The Office of Literacy has created guidance documents to aid in considerations for assessment, support, and instruction, as well as links to resources.