This page is designed to support Gifted Education Directors and Coordinators in school districts across the state of Colorado. Click the links below to access resources, professional learning opportunities and meeting documents.
Gifted Programming Elements:
Data Management System (DMS)
Gifted UIP Addendum
- Guidance for Gifted UIP Addendum for the Online System
- Worksheet for preparing Gifted UIP Addendum (Note: Document is for planning purposes. Gifted UIP Addendum is submitted online)
Colorado Gifted Education Review (C-GER)
Comprehensive Program Plan
The Comprehensive Program Plan is due October 15, 2016.
The Early Access Addendum must be submitted to the Office of Gifted Education IF the local Administrative Unit (AU) chooses to permit early access. For the 2016-2020 plans, all AUs that permit early access will update their AU Early Access Addendum and submit as a part of the Comprehensive Program Plan on the ESSU Data Management System.
Administrative Unit General Resources
- Colorado Gifted Education Directors, 2016-2017
- Data Privacy for Gifted Education
- Director's Role
- Endorsement for Qualified Personnel
- Gifted Education Guidelines 2nd Ed.
- Gifted Education Regional Consultant (GERC) information
- Gifted Students' Learning and Growth: Leadership Overview
- Regional Service Map
- Student Count - GT Categories (2016-17 is the last year these categories may be reported)
- Terms to Know
- Presentation: September 13, 2016
- Presentation: September 14, 2016
- Meeting Agenda: September 13, 2016
- Meeting Agenda: September 14, 2016
- Guest Presenter: Dorinda Carter Andrews, Ed. D.
Understanding Culture, Power, and Difference through Critical Self-Reflection: Implications for Equity in Gifted Education
Talent Area Identification Breakout Sessions:
- Visual Arts ID
Click the Director's Meeting Archive link on the left tab for resources from previous directors' meetings.