Gifted Education Forum
The GT Forum consists of gifted educators who represent their region of Colorado. The membership includes 1) one Director/Coordinator from each region, 2) the Gifted Education Regional Consultant from each region, and 3) Colorado Department of Education staff. This group meets bimonthly to collaborate and give feedback on issues pertaining to the direction of Gifted Education.
- Facilitate two-way communication about gifted-education between CDE and leaders in gifted-education in the educational regions.
- Provide regional reports on gifted-education programming and issue from the educational regions
- Facilitate informal feedback from district coordinators in the educational regions on important forum topics
- Provide input to the agendas for the Gifted-Education Coordinators' meeting
- Provide input to CDE on gifted-education guidelines, procedures, communication, dissemination, or monitoring plans
- Support the integration of gifted-education with statewide networks and initiatives for professional development, instructional improvement, and student achievement.
Gifted Education Regional Network
Each region in Colorado has a Gifted Education Regional Consultant (GERC) who provides technical assistance to Gifted Directors and districts, facilitates networking meetings, and provides training for the region. The GERCs also serve as representatives on the Gifted Forum and State Advisory Committee for Gifted and Talented Education.
- Promote the statewide vision and mission of Gifted Education
- Support the integration of gifted-education with statewide networks and initiatives for professional development, instructional improvement, and student achievement
- Recognize the current status of the region
- Determine next steps to help the region fully develop quality program design
- Definition, identification, programming, accountability, personnel, budget and reports
- Collaborate with the Directors in the regional network on decisions for Professional Development, needs or materials
- Utilize funds to benefit the region as determined by the regional network
- Facilitate informal feedback from district coordinators in the educational regions on important Forum topics