You are here
A branch of CDE, the Division of Capital Construction has developed a series of programs and resources for capital construction funding and technical assistance for school districts, traditional public schools, charter schools, BOCES, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.
Please join the CCA listserve to receive Division announcements.
Happy ten-year anniversary to the Building Excellent Schools Today grant program!
Since 2008 BEST has awarded approximately $2.5 billion in grants to more than 525 Colorado schools, improving health, safety and security for nearly 300,000 students.
With funding from The Colorado State Land Board, Colorado Lottery, marijuana excise tax, and local matching dollars, BEST continues to improve Colorado's educational environments through capital construction projects helping schools to realize CDE's vision that "All students graduate ready for college and careers, and are prepared to be productive citizens of Colorado."
Opportunities and Announcements:
- A webinar walkthrough of the 2020 BEST Grant Application was held on January 7, 2020, at 1 pm.
- The Fiscal Year 2020-21 BEST Grant Application opened on January 2, 2020. Please read the FY2020-21 BEST Grant Cycle Announcement for more information.
- The next Capital Construction Assistance Board Meeting will be on February 13, 2020, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm at the Talking Book Library, Denver, CO.
- The Colorado Department of Education’s Capital Construction Assistance Board (the Building Excellent Schools Today Grant Program) has a vacancy for a board member who has public school finance expertise and knowledge regarding public school trust lands. This position will be appointed by the President of the Colorado Senate and will serve a maximum of three two-year terms starting on or after February 1, 2020.
- Learn more about the Capital Construction Assistance Board
- If you have any questions, or wish to apply for the position, please submit a letter of intent and resume to Andy Stine, Director of Capital Construction, at: email@example.com by Friday, January 24.
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact BESTSchools@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-2153.