CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
A branch of CDE, the Division of Capital Construction has developed a series of programs and resources for capital construction funding and technical assistance for school districts, traditional public schools, charter schools, BOCES, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.
Please join the CCA listserve to receive Division announcements, including design and construction procurement notices from participating schools.
Please Note: ALL potential 21-22 applicants must notify BEST of intent to apply by completing a Grant Manager registration prior to November 30th.
View the FY2021-2022 grant round announcement HERE.
FY2020-21 Grant Cycle Update:
Thank you to BOCES, charter and district schools that participated in the Fiscal Year 20-21 BEST Grant Review meeting. The School Finance Act and Long Bill have been finalized. You can see the list of awarded grants and backup grants HERE. BEST grants will be awarded to 36 projects with a total construction cost of $234,957,051.
Many projects are still dependent on local bond initiatives this November. Therefore, all projects on the prioritized list, below the current funding line are considered backups and will be eligible for funding if higher prioritized projects are not successful acquiring their match and enough funds remain for the applicant to move forward.
Opportunities and Announcements:
- The next CCAB meeting will be December 17, 2020 1-3pm - Virtual meeting
- See the FY2021-2022 grant round announcement HERE.
- The CCAB welcomes Vaishali McCarthy and Wendy Wyman as the newest members of the board. Vaishali will serve as the boards School Facilities Planner/Manager, appointed by the State Board of Education. Wendy will serve as the boards Facility Planner and Manager, Appointed by the G.A. Speaker of the House.
- Learn more about the CCAB here.
- ALL potential 2021-22 applicants: Please notify BEST of intent to apply by completing a Grant Manager registration prior to November 30th.
- The FY2021-22 Grant Cycle Timeline is now available here
Happy ten-year anniversary to the Building Excellent Schools Today grant program!
Since 2008 BEST has awarded approximately $2.5 billion in grants to more than 525 Colorado schools, improving health, safety and security for nearly 300,000 students.
With funding from The Colorado State Land Board, Colorado Lottery, marijuana excise tax, and local matching dollars, BEST continues to improve Colorado's educational environments through capital construction projects helping schools to realize CDE's vision that "All students graduate ready for college and careers, and are prepared to be productive citizens of Colorado."
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact BESTSchools@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-2153.