You are here
A branch of CDE, the Division of Capital Construction has developed a series of programs and resources for capital construction funding and technical assistance for school districts, traditional public schools, charter schools, BOCES, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.
Please join the CCA listserve to receive Division announcements.
This video provides a short overview of the BEST program history. It demonstrates how BEST is implementing positive educational change through meeting capital construction needs and helping schools to realize CDE's vision that "All students graduate ready for college and careers, and prepared to be productive citizens of Colorado."
Opportunities and Announcements:
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- The next Capital Construction Assistance Board Meeting will be on October 16, 2019, 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm at the Vail Marriot, Vail, CO.
Impact of the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) Grant Program:
The BEST program is positively impacting students and communities throughout Colorado by assisting with capital construction needs.
Since 2008, the BEST program has:
- Funded 354 grant applications in 141 school districts
- Improved health, safety, and security in 524 school facilities
- Helped create and support roughly 37,000 jobs as of December 2018.
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact BESTSchools@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-2153.