CDE will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
School Finance Unit
Finance Guidance During COVID-19
CDE has created guidance around finance during the COVID-19 pandemic, including guidance on School Finance Funding, Federal CARES Act Money, TABOR emergency reserve, non-reimbursed costs and more.
Colorado public schools receive funding from a variety of sources. However, most revenues to Colorado's 178 school districts are provided through the Public School Finance Act of 1994 (as amended).
In budget year 2018-19, this legislation provides for over $7.0 billion of funding to Colorado school districts via state taxes ($4.5 billion), local specific ownership (vehicle registration) taxes ($183.8 million), and local property taxes ($2.36 billion). Moneys provided via the Public School Finance Act of 1994 are available to each school district to fund the costs of providing public education.
Join the School Finance Email List:
Send an email to Megan Richardson,
Public School Finance Act
Categorical and Other State Funding
Reports Provided by Other Agencies
Statutory Compliance and Reporting
- Critical Dates - FY 2021-2022(PDF)
- Critical Dates - FY 2020-2021(PDF)
- Budget Templates - FY 2022-2023
- Required: Uniform Budget Summary (XLS)
- Optional: CDE-18 with links to Uniform Budget Summary (XLS)
- Optional: CDE-18 with Salary Schedule Links and Uniform Budget Summary (XLS)
- Budget Appropriation Resolution
- NEW: CDE is piloting a new budget template for districts to try. If you are interested in being part of the pilot and testing the new template, please email Glenn Gustafson, email@example.com
- Financial Audit Law and Submission
- Report on District Revenues and Expenditures
- Analysis: Funding Per Pupil by Accreditation Categories
- Accounting and Reporting for Pensions (GASB 68)
- GASB 68 Resources
- Data Pipeline
- Data Pipeline: Quick Reference (PDF)
- Data Pipeline: Reconciliation Checklist (PDF)
- Data Pipeline: Finance December Details
- Data Pipeline: Single Sign-on
- Assurances for Financial Accreditation
- Where Do I Send My Audit?
- Revenue reports and check figures - FY 2022: COMING SOON
- Financial Data Warehouse Sub-Recipient Report FY 2022
- State revenue check figures (XLS)
- USDA Foods check figures(XLS)
- Worksheet to Calculate Voter Approved MLO Revenue by county(XLS)
- Indirect Cost Rates
- Federal Grants Accounting Section
- Financial Reporting, Prior Years