You are here
Data Pipeline Interchanges - Student
The Student Interchange is a set of three files, Student Demographic, Student School Association and Graduation Guidelines files, which contain student information for a school year. This information is used in the following collections: Student October, Special Education December Count, Special Education Discipline, Student End of Year, and Student Biographical Data.
The 2022-2023 Student Interchange files are open for uploads.
- Student Interchange Timeline (PDF) (posted 8/16/2022)
- This document provides a broad overview of the Student Interchange and how it is utilized throughout school year for data collections.
File Layout and Definitions
- 2022-2023 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Student Demographic (PDF) (updated 2/2/2023)
- 2022-2023 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Student School Association (PDF) (posted 3/31/2022)
- 2022-2023 Student Interchange File Layout and Definitions - Graduation Guidelines (PDF) (posted 3/31/2022)
- Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, the Graduation Guidelines interchange file will be a required data file. Districts are encouraged to collect and report Graduation Guidelines data as soon as possible in preparation for the upcoming required collection. Graduation Guidelines data is not required for Student October.
- The Graduation Guidelines file is used for the Student End of Year collection. The file serves as a validator to check to make sure any student marked as a graduate (exit type codes 90, 95, & 96) in Student End of Year also has met Graduation Guidelines (at least one in English and at least one in math).
- More information on Graduation Guidelines can be found here.
- Historical Student Interchange File Layouts
- 2022-2023 Student Demographic Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 1/10/2023)
- 2022-2023 Student School Association Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 1/10/2023)
- 2022-2023 Graduation Guidelines Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 6/27/2022)
- 2022-2023 Student Demographic Template (XLSX)
- 2022-2023 Student School Association Template (XLSX)
- 2022-2023 Graduation Guidelines Template (XLSX)
- 2022-2023 Exception Request Template and Instructions (XLSX)
- Graduation Guidelines: Reporting GG File Overview (PPT) (Recording) (posted 4/6/2022)
- Office Hours Presentation (PPT) (Recording) (posted 8/17/2022)
- 2022-2023 Collaborative Monitoring of Graduation Guidelines (PPT) (Recording) (posted 11/15/2022)
- Cognos Report Guide (PDF) (posted 5/10/2022)
- Graduation Guidelines Website
- 2022-2023 Graduation Guidelines: Excel File Formatting Guide (PDF) (posted 8/23/2022)
- Guide to Keeping Leading Zeros in Excel (updated 2/8/2022)
- How to format cells in Excel (if you've lost your leading zeros) (PDF) (posted 8/15/2022)
- Language Instruction Program Descriptions (PDF) (updated 1/12/2022)
- Migrant Student Cognos List Guide (PDF) (posted 2/25/2022)
- Special Education Transition Students: Coding Guide (updated 4/26/2021)
- Steps to upload files in Data Pipeline (PDF) (updated 11/17/2020)
- Tagging Interchange Files (PDF) (posted 6/1/2022)
- Student End of Year: Entry/Exit Code Guide (PDF) (posted 9/13/2022)