The Special Education IEP Interchange is a set of two files which contain Special Education data for the school year: Special Education Child and Special Education Participation.
The Special Education Child File contains data related to the student’s demographic information. The Special Education Participation file contains data related to the student’s participation in special education.
This information is used to make up the following snapshots: Special Education December Count, Special Education End-of-Year and Special Education Discipline.
- Special Education IEP Interchange opens: Wednesday September 5, 2018
- 2018-2019 Special Education December Count Timeline (PDF) (added 08/01/2018)
File Layout and Definitions
- 2018-2019 Special Education Child File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 03/21/2018)
- 2018-2019 Special Education Participation File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 09/20/2018)
- 2018-2019 Coordinated Early Intervening Services File (PDF) (posted 10/22/2018) *Only required if your AU funded CEIS using federal dollars.
- 2018-2019 Special Education Child File Business Rules (posted 09/17/2018)
- Special Education Child File - Business Rules Guide (11/28/2017)
- 2018-2019 Special Education Participation File Business Rules (posted 09/17/2018)
- 2018-2019 Special Education Child File Template (XLS) (added 08/02/2018)
- 2018-2019 Special Education Participation File Template (XLS) (added 08/02/2018)
- Pipeline only accepts file extensions of: csv txt xls xlsx
- You need a header row (in first row)
- Pipeline only accepts field delimiters of: , | ~
- Include leading zeros (0) for required fields (for instance 01 or 02 for gender)
Attend Webinar Link | Call in Number: 1-855-397-4421
- 2017-2018 Special Education IEP Interchange Training (posted 10/25/2017)
- 2017-2018 Special Education IEP Interchange Introduction Webinar Recording (posted 10/11/2017)
- Special Education December Count Grant Codes (updated 12/17/2018)
- 2018-2019 Special Education IEP Interchange Summary of Changes (DOCX) (updated 07/03/2018)
- How to load the Special Education IEP Files
- Data Collection Guide for Enrich Users (updated 12/19/2017)
- Save CSV Leading Zeros (DOCX)
- Grade to Age Table (PDF)
- Pupils Attendance Information Code Flow Chart (added 10/13/2016)
- Pupils Attendance Information Codes (PDF) (09/11/2018)
- December Count Educational Environments (updated 10/15/2018)
- Allowable Approved Facility Schools and Other Agency Codes (updated 09/20/2018)
Contact: Lindsey Heitman at email@example.com