You are here
Unified Improvement Planning - General Resources
New UIP Guidance and Requirements
Unified Improvement Planning Guidance Documents
- 2022-23 UIP Handbook (PDF) (Updated: April 18th, 2022)
- Statute and Policy Guidance References for UIP (PDF) (Updated: October 6th, 2020)
- Performance Watch Summary (August 2019) An overview of adjustments in the submission process for On Clock and On Watch schools.
- Accountability Clock: Year 4 Requirements (PDF) This document provides guidance and instructions for schools and districts in year four of the accountability clock.
Early Learning Needs Assessment This website provides resources for conducting an early learning needs assessment as a part of the UIP process, as well as guidance for meeting expectations for k-3 serving schools with priority improvement/turnaround plans and their districts.
- Parent Notification and Public Hearing Requirements Fact Sheet (PDF) (Updated: August, 2021)
- UIP Guidance for New Schools (PDF) (Updated: August, 2021) The intent of this guidance is to help new schools "plan forward" for their improvement efforts - even with limited data.
- Data Analysis for Small Student Populations (PDF) (Updated August 2021) This guidance focuses on how to include analysis of data with small populations of students in the UIP. This resource is appropriate for all users that need to report on small student groups, either due to size of the school/district or disaggregated data analysis.
The Quality Criteria have been created to offer guidance on creating improvement plans that incorporate state and federal accountability requirements. The QC Rubric is used by CDE to evaluate Unified Improvement Plans.
|QC Rubric for Review||
Flexibility for UIP Completion and Submission
- Biennial Flexibility for the UIP (PDF) (Updated August 2021) Provides guidance on the eligibility criteria for the submission of the UIP on a biennial basis.
- Archived Resources
Resources from previous planning years that are no longer considered "current."
For More Information
Please contact Lisa Medler, email@example.com or 303-866-6993.