The Education Accountability Act of 2009 (SB 09-163) and HB18-1355 authorizes the Colorado Department of Education to conduct an annual review of the performance of public schools and districts in the state and to make recommendations to the State Board of Education concerning the type of school improvement plan to be implemented in each school and the accreditation category for each district.
The links to the left provide more detailed information around the different components of Colorado’s State Accountability System. Specifically:
- Accountability 2.0: reflects stakeholder feedback in regards to updates related to the 2014 school and district performance frameworks.
- Accountability Clock: provides information related to the state defined accountability clock.
- Accountability in Transition: provides historical information concerning the 2014 assessment transition and the impact on school and district accountability measures.
- Accountability Work Group: stakeholder group, consisting of a broad range of educational stakeholders that make recommendations to CDE to enhance the School and District Performance Frameworks.
- Alternative Education Campuses (AECs): provides information on accountability for our AECs, where 90% of students meet the legislated criteria for “high-risk”.
- Policies and Procedures: provide the reference documents and guidance for how the statute and regulations are being implemented in Colorado.
- School Accreditation and Request to Reconsideration process: provides information on how districts submit their schools’ accreditation ratings and how they request a reconsideration by the state of either the district’s accreditation rating or the school’s plan type assignment.
- Stakeholder Roles: outlines the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders in the accountability process.
- Statute and Regulations: provide the statutory requirements and associated State Board Rules upon which Colorado’s system is based.
*Information concerning state accountability reports and supporting resources are available at the 'District and School Performance Frameworks' link on the left-hand side of this page.
Most Requested State Accountability Resources: