- October Count for Online Students:
Sample of Colorado Residency with Instructions (PDF) - The Affidavit of Colorado Residency is an example of valid documentation for establishing proof of residency for an online student, per Rule 1CCR301-71 8.06.4. Rule 1CCR301-71 8.06 states that "an Online Program must verify and document student residency in the State of Colorado upon enrollment and annually thereafter and retain a copy of the document or written statement offered as verification in the student’s mandatory permanent record.
- 2018 Online Authorizer Assurances Form (DOC) - All authorizers of online schools and programs must submit this form pursuant to the Rules for the Administration, Certification, and Oversight of Colorado Online Programs, 1-CCR 301-71. Annual submission is not required, however, resubmission would be required if/when the authorizer wishes to change their count policy. Contact the Office of Blended and Online Learning with questions. Assurance forms and supporting documentation must be submitted by September 12, 2018 to email@example.com.
- Attendance and Truancy:
- Vendor Resources:
The resources provided below are for informational purposes only. The Colorado Department of Education does not endorse any of the vendors listed. It is the responsibility of the user to verify the validity of the resources and that they meet Colorado State Standards and/or any statutory requirements.
- Higher Ed Resources:
- CollegeInColorado includes tools and resources to help Colorado families explore careers and plan, apply and pay for college. It includes free ACT/SAT/GRE test preparation and many resources for parents and educators. Students can also can also sign up for the College Opportunity Fund.
- University of Colorado at Denver, School of Education and Human Development is offering an online teaching certificate program designed for current & aspiring online teachers. Contact Laura Summers at CPE@ucdenver.edu for more information.
- Western State Colorado University is offering the following Online Professional Development and Degree Options:
- K12 Online Teacher Certification Option (3 course series)
- K12 Online Teacher Courses
- Master's Degree, with Emphasis in K12 Online Teaching. View more information.
- Colorado State University-Global Campus offers an Online Teaching Certificate for continuing professional development and an Online Teacher Master's Degree Specialization Option.
- Boise State University offers professional development in the area of Online Teaching delivered in an online format. Options are available to earn credits toward teacher license renewal, an online teaching certificate, or toward the educational technology graduate program . For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PBS TeacherLine is the premier professional development resource offering standards-based, graduate-level online courses for PreK-12 teachers. Trained, certified facilitators lead more than 130 top-quality, six-week courses that span the entire curriculum including early literacy skills, inquiry-based science and supporting English language learners. Teachers earn graduate credit or recertification hours while gaining strategies and resources to bring directly to their classroom.
- eNetLearning provides educators and districts access to high quality content and resources to improve student achievement. Resources include DREAM, an open repository of free and fee-based searchable digital content aligned to Colorado Academic Standards; iTunesU, a free media distribution portal that enables the creation and sharing of educational content and professional development opportunities.
- National Standards for Quality Online Teaching - published by the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL). The document is designed to provide states, districts, online programs, and other organizations with a set of quality guidelines for online teaching.
- Online Teaching Strategies - a comprehensive website designed specifically for online teachers.
- Colorado iLearn Collaborative is a collaboration of districts and schools working together to expand quality blended and online learning opportunities accessible to all students. CiC offers direct support and resources to districts, schools, and teachers in the areas of professional development & training, access to student online content, and consulting services focused on implementing blended and online learning.
- The Colorado Coalition of Cyberschool Families is a group of dedicated parents who have come together to be powerful and vocal advocates for cyberschools and online learning in Colorado.
- The Colorado Cyberschools Association (CCA) assists cyberschools in providing a high quality education to online students by sharing information about effective online education and program management, promoting studies, and improving access to online programs.
- Sorting through Online Learning Options: A Guide for Parents (PDF) published by the iNACOL organization to assist in navigating the many online choices available.
Internet Safety Websites:
- ConnectSafely.org is the leading interactive resource on the Web for parents, teens, educators – everyone engaged and interested in youth safety – on the fixed and mobile social Web.
- GetNetWise.org is a public service brought to you by Internet industry corporations and public interest organizations to help ensure that Internet users have safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences.
- iKeepSafe.org tracks global trends and issues surrounding digitally connected products and their affect on children. This research drives the continuous creation of positive resources for parents, educators and policymakers who teach youths how to use new media devices and platforms in safe and healthy ways.
- NetSmartz.org is an interactive, educational program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC) that provides age-appropriate resources to help teach children how to be safer on- and offline. The program is designed for children ages 5-17, parents and guardians, educators, and law enforcement.
- Understanding A Child's Virtual World - English (PDF)
Understanding A Child's Virtual World - Spanish (PDF)- A handbook for parents and guardians.
- Compliance and Safety offers a comprehensive internet safety tip resource.