CDE will be closed on Monday, May 30 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Successor School Guidance Stakeholder Feedback
Successor School Guidance Feedback
During the 2019 legislative session, Senate Bill 19-129 (Regulation of Online Schools), was passed and calls for CDE to develop criteria to determine whether a newly authorized multi-district online school is a new multi-district online school or a successor to a previously authorized multi-district online school. Following passage of SB19-129, the definition of a successor school was added to 1 CCR 301-71 (Rules for the Administration, Certification and Oversight of Colorado Online Programs). Within these rules, a successor school is defined as an online school that is a replication, addition, division, or reorganization of an existing or previously authorized online school as determined by the criteria adopted by the Department.
Feedback was requested from stakeholders. To view the feedback that was received, please click on the links below.
- Letter from Colorado Children's Campaign
- Letter from Colorado Coalition of Cyberschool Families
- Letter from Kutz and Bethke, LLC
- Letter from Miller Law Firm
- Letter from Politicalworks on behalf of Astravo Online Academy, Colorado Connections Academy, Colorado Virtual Academy, GOAL High School, GlobalEd Solutions, Inc/PBC, HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op,K12, Inc.
- Letter from Colorado Early Colleges
- Letter from GOAL High School
- Letter from Law Office of Dustin R. Sparks LLC. on behalf of Colorado Early College
- Letter from Politicalworks on behalf of Astravo Online Academy, Colorado Connections Academy, Colorado Virtual Academy, GOAL High School, HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op, K12.Inc
To view the finalized Successor School feedback, please visit the Successor School Guidance webpage.