You are here
Periodic Collections - ACCESS for ELLs - SBD
The purpose of the ACCESS for ELLs Student Biographical Data (SBD) review process is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data submitted for each student who participates in the WIDA ACCESS language proficiency assessment. The SBD review process takes place after the vendor has scanned all test booklets and before all assessments are scored and final results made available.
State and federal accountability reporting including school and district performance framework ratings and federal identification for Comprehensive (CS), Targeted (TS), or Additional Targeted Support (ATS) and Improvement all rely on accurate demographic and test score data. Districts are not required to participate in the SBD review process. Note that the request to reconsider process cannot be used to address district reporting errors that should have been corrected during SBD.
- The ACCESS for ELLs SBD review process window for 2022-2023 is tentatively scheduled for 3/13/2023 – 3/22/2023. All data must be submitted by 5:00 PM (Mountain Time) on Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
File Layout and Definitions
- SBD Layout ACCESS 2023 (PDF) (posted 1/19/2023)
- ACCESS for SBD Business Rules 2023 (XLSX) (posted 3/01/2023)
- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Failsafe Template (XLSX) (posted 3/18/2021)
- SBD Manual 2023 (PDF) (updated 4/11/2023)
- 2022-23 ACCESS for ELLs SBD Training Recording (posted 3/13/2023)
- ACCESS for ELLs SBD Training (PPT) (updated 3/01/2023)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-696-0185
Connect With Us