You are here
Designated Agency Data Collection
Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statute 22-2-112(q), the Colorado Department of Education is directed to collaborate with the department of higher education to prepare an annual report on the effectiveness of educator preparation programs, which include higher education institutions and alternative educator preparation programs. The Colorado Department of Education shall work cooperatively with each alternative educator preparation programs to collect candidate data that are required to fulfill CRS 22-2-112(q).
This website contains resources concerning the data collection.
Notes: Before proceeding with the data upload, please carefully review the file layout requirements. Also, download and have handy the designated agency and endorsement code book.
CDE is requesting Designated Agencies to submit data on:
- 2019-20 candidates between December 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
File Layout and Definitions
- 2019-2020 Designated Agency Data Collection File Layout (PDF) (4/1/2019)
- Designated Agency and Endorsement Codes (XLSX) (updated 11/27/2019)
- 2020-2021 Designated Agency Data Collection File Layout (PDF) (3/23/2020)
- Pipeline only accepts file extensions of: csv txt xls xlsx
- You need a header row (in first row)
- Pipeline only accepts field delimiters of: , | ~
- Include leading zeros (0) for required fields (for instance 01 or 02 for gender)
Designated Agency Collection Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 11/27/2019)
Use the following template to facilitate data upload.
- Designated Agency Data Upload Template (XLSX) (updated 11/27/2019)
- DADC Data Submission Instructions (PDF) (updated 11/27/2019)
- Please Contact Educator Development to get set up with a login credential.
Contact: Educator Development (Educator_Development@cde.state.co.us) for any questions concerning the data collection or issues with data upload.