The purpose of the PSAT9, PSAT10, and SAT Student Biographical Data (SBD) review is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data for each student participating in the PSAT 10 / SAT assessment. The review process takes place after the test window has closed. Most demographic variables were not collected by College Board this year and need to be added by CDE for our state and federal reporting requirements. These variables will be pulled from the Student Interchange and SBD is an opportunity to ensure that the interchange data is accurate for these students. At this time, SBD is also the only way to report test invalidations.
The SBD review is not currently a mandatory process. Districts can choose to participate or to not participate in the SBD process. State and Federal accountability reporting (including school and district performance framework ratings, Title III AMAOs, and priority and focus school designations) all rely on accurate demographic and test score data. Therefore, the impact of the SBD review of demographic data on accountability reporting is profound. Districts should be aware that performance framework requests for reconsideration or AMAO appeals will only be considered for districts which participate in the SBD process.
- The PSAT9, PSAT10, and SAT SBD review window for the 2018-2019 school year is Thursday, May 16, 2019 - Thursday, May 23, 2019
File Layout And Definitions
- 2018-2019 PSAT and SAT Student Biographical Data (SBD) File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 5/09/2019)
- 2017-2018 PSAT SBD Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 5/09/2018)
PSAT and SAT SBD Training (PPTX) (posted 5/09/2019)
2018-2019 Assessment Unit Data Pipeline Manual for SBD (updated 3/18/2019)
2019 SBD Review Training PowerPoint (posted 3/18/2019)
- Definition of Continuous Enrollment (PDF) (updated 2/16/2017)
- 2016-17 PSAT High School Code Crosswalk Table (XLSX) (updated 5/15/2017)
- PSAT and SAT Failsafe Template (XLSX) (posted 5/09/2019)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 720-696-0185