The purpose of the Kindergarten School Readiness (KSR) data collection is to provide baseline data for measuring improvement in students' knowledge and skills over time and to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for an annual legislative report.
Data reported to CDE will be from the initial fall assessment window. The initial assessment is to be completed within the first 60 calendar days of the school year as required by HB 15-1323. The collection will be open from mid-October to mid-December each year.
The State Board of Education voted on March 11, 2020 to add named domains to the reporting requirements for CDE. This change is reflected in the File Layout and Definitions section below. This change does not change any requirements around the administration of the assessment.
- Collection Open Date: October 5, 2022
- Collection Close Date: December 1, 2022
File Layout and Definitions
KSR Data Collection Documents
Vendor-Specific Platform Webinars:
- Teaching Strategies GOLD Users: Wednesday, September 28th 2022. 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
- High Scope COR for Kindergarten Users: Thursday, September 29th 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Recordings of the webinars and the PowerPoints will be posted here after the event. More information on assessment platform choices can be found here
- IdM/Access Management is the system used by CDE to assign data respondents to various collections. This is also how collection leads generate listservs for the various collections.
- Note: Please make sure email addresses are correctly inputted into this system. District local access managers (LAMs) have access to update role assignments and other information within the IdM/Access Management system. Please click "Access Management" on the bottom left-hand side to access the system.
- CDE Data Pipeline is the system by which data are submitted to CDE. Please click "Data Pipeline" on the left-hand side to access the system.
Click here for KSR FAQs.
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness data collection please contact Tanna George at 720-595-1490
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness initiative please contact Megan Rogers at 720-326-2880
Connect With Us