Student Biographical Data Review
The purpose of the DLM: English Language Arts and Math Alternate Assessment Student Biographical Data (SBD) review is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data submitted for each student participating in the DLM assessment. The review process takes place after the test window has closed and before all assessments have been scored and final results made available. The DLM SBD is unique in that there are several variables not collected by DLM that need to be added by CDE for our state and federal reporting requirements. These variables will be pulled from the Student Interchange and SBD is an opportunity to ensure that the interchange data is accurate for these students. At this time, SBD is also the only way to report test invalidations.
The SBD review is not currently a mandatory process. Districts can choose to participate or to not participate in the SBD process. State and Federal accountability reporting (including school and district performance framework ratings, Title III AMAOs, and priority and focus school designations) all rely on accurate demographic and test score data. Therefore, the impact of the SBD review of demographic data on accountability reporting is profound. Districts should be aware that performance framework requests for reconsideration or AMAO appeals will only be considered for districts which participate in the SBD process.
- The DLM SBD review window for the 2018-2019 school year is Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - Wednesday, June 5, 2019
File Layout and Definitions:
- 2018-2019 Dynamic Learning Maps Student Biographical Data (SBD) File Layout (PDF) (updated 4/25/2019)
- 2017-2018 Dynamic Learning Maps Student Biographical Data (SBD) Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 5/9/2018)
- 2018-2019 Assessment Unit Data Pipeline Manual for SBD (PDF) (updated 3/18/2019)
- 2019 SBD Review Training PowerPoint (posted 3/18/2019)
- Definition of Continuous Enrollment (DOCX) (updated 2/16/2017)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 720-696-0185