You are here
Tools for Evaluating Science Resources
- NextGen TIME - suite of tools to prepare, screen, pilot and plan through an instructional materials review process, includes leadership PD guides. Requires a free registration.
- EdReports - In 2019 they released their review tool and process.
- Reviewing Publishers' Claims - tool from Achieve that notes claims publishers often make in relation to NGSS alignment and provides resources for evaluating those claims.
- EQuIP Rubric - the most common tool used is Achieve's EQuIP rubric, though it focuses more on the level of lesson or unit. This site includes resources on how to use this tool.
- PEEC Tool - this tool from Achieve is intended for reviewing full-year instructional materials.
- BSCS Report - this report by national experts details guidelines for reviewing NGSS instructional materials
- Iowa's Collection of Resource Review Tools - a useful listing of lesson and larger-scale material review tools from across the country