You are here
Reporting Graduation Guidelines
Reporting Graduation Guidelines Begins with the Class of 2021
Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, Local Education Providers (LEPs) must report the measure by which each student has demonstrated Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) according to the Graduation Guidelines Menu of Options.
- The Graduation Guidelines file is a required data file in the Student Interchange. Districts are encouraged to collect and report Graduation Guidelines data as soon as possible in preparation for the upcoming Student End of Year collection. Graduation Guidelines data is not required for October Count.
- The Graduation Guidelines Interchange File is a Student Interchange File and part of the Student End of Year Collection.
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, Local Education Providers (LEPs) may graduate students according to district determined graduation requirements, that include Graduation Guidelines measures from the Menu of Options, and/or local options, such as courses. If LEPs choose to graduate students using local options, the LEP must still report that these students have met "Local Measures" in the Graduation Guidelines File. Please see Graduation Guidelines Flexibility for the Class of 2021.
The Guidelines go into effect for the graduating class of 2021 and beyond
- Begin reporting: During soft-open of Student End of Year (February 2021) and/or during the regular opening of Student End of Year (May 2021)
- Timeline: The Graduation Guidelines file (GG File) is used in the Student End of Year collection and will follow the same timeline. Therefore, the first target deadline to have an error-free GG File is in late June 2021.
- Training: Trainings will be scheduled to align with the soft-open in February 2021. Webinar schedules will be posted on the Student End of Year snapshot website. Additional trainings my be provided through Data Pipeline Town Hall.
The GG file is part of the Student End of Year collection
- The file works as a validator to check that any student reported with a ’90’ (graduated with a regular diploma) exit code in Student End of Year also has:
- At least one English requirement met in the GG File
- At least one math requirement met in the GG File
- If a student graduates with a regular diploma but does not have a complete Graduation Guidelines file, Data Pipeline will generate an error. LEPs may need to change the exit type code for these students.
The Graduation Guidelines Date File is:
- Flexible (for reporting – i.e. using the Local Measure option for the academic year, 2020-2021)
- Part of the Student End of Year data collection
- Used to make sure all students graduate with Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) in English and math
The Graduation Guidelines Interchange File is NOT:
- A separate data collection
- Jesse Cooper, Senior Data Analyst/Statistician, Data Services unit, 303.866.6961
- Robin Russel, Graduation Guidelines Manager, Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness, 303.866.2908