You are here
Teacher Recruitment Education and Preparation Program (TREP)
- April 11, 2022 - Intent to Participate Closed
- By April 30, 2022 - Allocation results shared with districts
- TBD - Slot submission
Forms and Sample Documents
- Sample TREP Participation Request (PDF)
- Sample TREP Student Agreement - English (Word) and Spanish (Word)
- TREP Cooperative Agreement Template (Word)
- Combined CE ASCENT TREP Cooperative Agreement Template (Word)
- FAQ (PDF)
- TREP State Guidelines (Word)
- TREP Educator Pathway & Fact Sheet (PDF)
- TREP Allocation Model (Word)
- 21-185 Bill Text (PDF)
The Teacher Recruitment Education and Preparation (TREP) program was created by SB 21-185. The TREP program creates the opportunity for qualified students in a teaching career pathway to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses for the two years after the 12th grade year.
Program specifics are still under development. More information will be shared as it becomes available. We are all eager for this program to begin and benefit students, so we appreciate your patience as work begins to put all the pieces in place.
To increase the number of students who enter the teacher profession.
Increase the percentage of students who participate in postsecondary education preparation programs, especially among low-income and traditionally underserved populations.
Create a more diverse teacher workforce to reflect the ethnic diversity of the state.
Decrease the amount of time that is required for a student to complete a postsecondary educator preparation degree or certificate.
Increase the opportunities to participate in the teaching career pathway.
[C.R.S. § 22-35-108.5]
Erica Ryan, Postsecondary Programs Specialist