Colorado's Postsecondary Workforce Readiness Description
"Colorado high school graduates demonstrate the knowledge and skills (competencies) needed to succeed in postsecondary settings and to advance in career pathways as lifelong learners and contributing citizens."
Source: Adopted by the Colorado State Board of Education and Colorado Commission on Higher Education (Winter 2016).
AP Incentives Request for Applications NOW OPEN!
Recommendations for work-based learning in Concurrent Enrollment (per House Bill 15-1275) are now posted and include information for implementing coursework related to pre-apprenticeship programs and internship programs as part of Concurrent Enrollment.
Please see the Concurrent Enrollment webpage for more information.
The Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Pathways supports districts, BOCES, and schools in thinking through the personalization of a pathway through high school and on to college and career for every student in Colorado. This office seeks to support all the ways students can enter into postsecondary education – including certificate programs, apprenticeships, 2- and 4-year degrees, military, and career training.
Through partnerships with higher education and the community college system, the Office of Postsecondary Readiness will work to strengthen, coordinate and align programs and policies to support students through to success in entering college and the workforce.
To assist and support districts and schools to ensure that secondary students in Colorado graduate high school ready for college and career.
We exist to:
- Ensure that students are engaged and graduate ready for success in postsecondary and the workforce
- Build capacity to meet student needs for postsecondary readiness
- Lead the nation in policy and positive outcomes—Become a National Model Leader
- Identify, scale and support LEAs to adopt evidenced –based best practices
- Ensure policies are clear and well communicated
- Identify and utilize champions of Postsecondary Readiness
- Promote adequate resources and staffing