The Office of Postsecondary Readiness supports districts, BOCES, and schools in thinking through the personalization of a pathway through high school and on to college and career for every student in Colorado. This office seeks to support all the ways students can enter into postsecondary education – including certificate programs, apprenticeships, 2- and 4-year degrees, military, and career training.
Through partnerships with higher education and the community college system, the Office of Postsecondary Readiness will work to strengthen, coordinate and align programs and policies to support students through to success in entering college and the workforce.
To assist and support districts and schools to ensure that secondary students in Colorado graduate high school ready for college and career.
Colorado's Postsecondary Workforce Readiness Definition
"The knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to high school graduates to be prepared to enter college and the workforce and compete in the global economy including content knowledge, learning and behavior skills."
Source: State Board of Education and the Commission on High Education's joint adoption on June 30, 2009 of the description of Postsecondary Workforce Readiness
We exist to:
- Ensure that students are engaged and graduate ready for success in postsecondary and the workforce
- Build capacity to meet student needs for postsecondary readiness
- Lead the nation in policy and positive outcomes—Become a National Model Leader
- Identify, scale and support LEAs to adopt evidenced –based best practices
- Ensure policies are clear and well communicated
- Identify and utilize champions of Postsecondary Readiness
- Promote adequate resources and staffing
- The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative team is excited to announce our that our Program Grant RFP was released today. A big thank you to our cross-department team for their hard work and contribution in these efforts. If you know any programs that may be interested in applying for a grant, please help us spread the word.
- AP Incentives Request for Applications NOW OPEN