The Career Development Incentive Program, or Career Development Success Program Expansion in House Bill 18-1266, provides financial incentives for school districts and charter schools that encourage high school students, grades 9-12, to complete qualified industry credential programs, internships, residencies, construction pre-apprenticeship or construction apprenticeship programs or qualified Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
Participating districts or charter schools could receive up to $1,000 for each student who successfully completes one of the qualified programs and will be distributed in tiered order.
2018-19 Career Development Incentive Program Participation Process
Step 1: Complete and submit the Intent to Participate by April 2, 2019.
Step 2: Complete and submit the Credential Reporting Form and Signature page via Syncplicity by July 1, 2019. The official reporting form and signature page, along with the instructions to upload these documents to Syncplicity will be emailed to the district's program contact person in early May.
Draft Credentials Reporting Form (Coming Soon)
Draft Signature Page (Coming Soon)
Incentives distribution checks will be mailed to district's/fiscal agent's Fiscal Office in late summer.
Request Industry Certification Inclusion
Career Development Incentive Program Guidelines and Resources
- Career Success Pilot Program State Guidelines (PDF)
- Career Development Incentive Program Approved Programs List ( Updated Nov 2018)
- Career Development Incentive Program Fact Sheet 2017-18 (PDF)
- Career Success Pilot Program Extended Fact Sheet 2017-18 (PDF)
- Career Readiness
- House Bill 18-1266
- 2018 Colorado Talent Pipeline Report
- Video of Promising Practices from Colorado Succeeds