The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA) requires all local educational agencies (LEAs) participating in federal Child Nutrition programs to establish and implement, for all schools under its jurisdiction, local school wellness policies that meet minimum standards designed to promote sound nutrition, student health, reduce childhood obesity, and provide transparency to the public on the school nutrition environment. This website is dedicated to helping local educational agencies find the resources they need to meet recommendations in these areas.
- Healthy Celebrations
- Healthy Fundraisers
- Healthy Rewards
- Health and Wellness Fairs
- Reduce Food Waste
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement
- Adequate Time to Eat
- Recess Before Lunch
- Wellness Policy Implementation
School Wellness Assessment
- Colorado Healthy Schools Smart Source (Colorado Education Initiative)
- Note: This tool is currently being piloted in schools. If you are interested in participating in the pilot and providing feedback on the tool, please contact Andrea Pulskamp at the Colorado Education Initiative. For additional information about the Smart Source project, please see the fact sheet and FAQs.
Local School Wellness Policies
For additional information , please email: email@example.com