This site provides a hub of mathematics information and resources to support the academic achievement of all students in Colorado.
Content support through the Colorado Department of Education will address essential elements of a comprehensive district plan to offer standards based teaching and learning. Our intent is to:
- provide tools and supports,
- deliver clear, timely communication,
- enhance collaboration between and among all stakeholders,
- identify research-based approaches to curriculum development and teaching and learning,
- promote professional development opportunities, and
- align and integrate elements of CDE's Strategic Initiatives where appropriate.
We aim to provide tools for the empowerment of all stakeholders to actively participate in the process of implementing the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards and transforming teaching and learning throughout the State of Colorado.
This two-page document provides brief descriptions of the history, substance, and instructional shifts of the Colorado Academic Standards and their focus on all students, all standards.
Two New Resources for Instruction
|"In today’s highly competitive economy, solid skills in mathematics, including algebra, are a necessity—not just for scientists and engineers, but for everyone. Being proficient in mathematics helps to improve students’ college and career options and to increase their future income levels. Beyond the education, career and economic benefits, a solid background in mathematics helps students to better understand their world and to become good citizens." ~ National Mathematics Advisory Panel|
For website assistance in mathematics, please contact Mary Pittman.