This site provides a hub of World Languages information and resources to support the academic achievement of all students in Colorado.
Content support through the Colorado Department of Education will address essential elements of a comprehensive district plan to offer standards based teaching and learning. Our intent is to:
- provide tools and supports;
- deliver clear, timely communication;
- enhance collaboration between and among all stakeholders;
- identify research-based approaches to curriculum development and teaching and learning;
- promote professional development opportunities; and
- align and integrate elements of CDE's Strategic Initiatives where appropriate.
We aim to to provide tool for the empowerment of all stakeholders to actively participate in the process of implementing the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards and transforming teaching and learning throughout the State of Colorado. This two-page document provides brief descriptions of the history, substance, and instructional shifts of the Colorado Academic Standards and their focus on all students, all standards.
The curriculum sample Curriculum Overview Sampless are now available in Microsoft Word to support educators' ability to modify and personalize the units for their classroom. Resources have also been added to the site.
Posted: March 15, 2013
- NEW: Vocabulary: a quick review - Promising practices related to acquisition and mastery of vocabulary in all content areas
- Transforming Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
For website assistance in World Languages, please contact Anna Huffman.